Have gun, will travel. Forbes/Hutton's Avatar

Angry The quality of CBC reports

I don't think most of you will give a damn about this story, I don't, but I've put this here as an example of the level of quality we get for OUR billion dollars a year. It also makes ANY figures the CBC uses highly suspect:

Parents push for new public school in Morinville

As Morinville continues to rapidly grow, parents are demanding the government provide the booming town with a new public school.
    More than 600 people have signed a petition launched by supporters of the Morinville Public School, urging education minister Gordon Dirks and Premier Jim Prentice to provide a public junior high school in Morinville.
    Morinville, located 35 kilometres north of Edmonton, is home to more than 5,000 people. While there are four Catholic schools in town, there is one public school and it only takes students up to Grade 7. Once they graduate, they have to either transfer to a Catholic school or take a long bus ride to the nearest school out of town.
    Leah Elzinga, who grew up in Morinville, said the issue is not whether to have a public or Catholic school in town.
    “The fact is Morinville as a whole doesn’t have the educational infrastructure to support its growing community,” Elzinga said.
    Prentice announced last month that the government would build 55 new schools. One will be built in Morinville, however, it will be a Catholic elementary school.
    “This is Alberta, this is 2014,” said Sarah Hall who is with the parents council at Morinville Public School.
    “We shouldn’t have to be researching a town to see if they have public or Catholic education available for our kids.”
    This week, Hall will present the case for another public school to government officials who will assess the need in Morinville.
    The population of Morinville is now about 9.500, a 40 per cent increase over the past eight years.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/parents-pu...013513253.html

My comment on yahoo:

"3rd paragraph -Morinville is home to more than 5,000 people
    Last paragraph - The population of Morinville is now about 9.500
    And here we see how the CBC spends over a billion dollars a year of taxpayer money, hiring imbeciles who couldn't have graduated journalism school without performing sexual favours for the professor. Even then, it was probably Ryerson."

Not just cbc. The intelligence level of most reporting is pretty poor these days. They don't fact check sources and they inject a lot of personal opinion. Usually liberal biased. Lots of what I hear from the media bunch is just plain wrong.
    CSSA member

Banned
    The CBC has quality? Quick.. someone call Guinness!

Quote Originally Posted by conger View Post
    Not just cbc. The intelligence level of most reporting is pretty poor these days. They don't fact check sources and they inject a lot of personal opinion. Usually liberal biased. Lots of what I hear from the media bunch is just plain wrong.
    Real journalism by the MSM is effectively dead and gone

Quote Originally Posted by conger View Post
    24/7 news cycle means it's a race in real time, unfortunately. I have fond memories of movies and shows that would show journalists racing to meet a deadline for the next day's edition; now we have minute by minute updates....that leave no room for fact checking, or even sober second thought. Earplugs as rubber bullets comes to mind....
    CSSA CCFR

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    I move that we change the name of ALL of these people from "journalists" to "clueless story fabricators".
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    I move that we change the name of ALL of these people from "journalists" to "clueless story fabricators".
    Propagandist.

“The fact is Morinville as a whole doesn’t have the educational infrastructure to support its growing community,”
    “This is Alberta, this is 2014,” said Sarah Hall

I guess if they dont build another skewl we can rename the town MORONVILLE?
    Sarah Hall can be the mayor since she knows which province and year shes in. Good job Sarah you get a sticker! THIS definately is 2014 thank god somebody reminded us all

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    That's not fair, not all of them are clueless; some are pathological liars. (and sexual deviants)

Cheers!

What'S the problem? 9,500 is more than 5,000.

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    What'S the problem? 9,500 is more than 5,000.
    The problem is that the CBC is home to more than 9,500 morons.