Thread: US Mid-terms

US Mid-terms

So it looks like the Republicans are in control. However I noticed the billionaires backed measure 594 in Washington state won and 591 lost.

Scroll down the page: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elec...term-elections

That is not good news as this is Bloombergs tactic where if he can't win nationally he will go state to state. Of course the public is easily convinced, I mean who would be against "background checks" except of course there is much more to the measure than that. According to this site: https://www.voteno594.com/initiative-594/ this is what they just voted for:

Initiative 594 is a universal handgun registration scheme being promoted by a very wealthy group of anti-gun elitists who have already raised more than $7 million to qualify and pass this initiative. Although they describe it as a “universal background check” measure, it is not universal because criminals will never comply with the requirements. It is, however, universal handgun registration. Under I-594, every time a handgun is transferred, the person receiving the handgun will have their name added to the government database being maintained by the state Department of Licensing.

Under I-594, every time a handgun is transferred, the person receiving the handgun will have their name added to the government database being maintained by the state Department of Licensing.

Virtually every firearm transfer - with very few and limited exceptions - would be required to go through a licensed firearms dealer under the provisions of I-594.

I-594 will specifically regulate transfers, not sales. Under the language of I-594, in virtually all cases, a person merely handing his or her firearm to a family member or a friend cannot do so without brokering the transfer through a gun dealer with the accompanying fees, paperwork, taxes and, in the case of handguns, state registration.

I-594 also doubles the state waiting period on handgun sales from five to ten days and extends it to every private transfer of a handgun!

The only thing that I-594 would accomplish is the creation of a government record of all lawfully transferred handguns in Washington, which would facilitate their future confiscation.
    I should point out that this means that one could not loan a rifle to a buddy (father to son) to use for hunting without initiating a transfer through a licensed gun dealer. That is what Bloomberg means when he says "universal background check".
    Last edited by Doug_M; 11-05-2014 at 07:01 AM.
    Pew pew pew

Drive across state lines, hand over gun to buddy in passenger seat, drive back? Or do they have provisions for out of state transfers by residents of that state?

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    If ANY American does their due diligence and looks at what happened with our gong show, long gun registry, and is STILL happening with our restricted firearms, they will NEVER comply voluntarily with this "registry by another name". With stuff I owned pre-long gun registry...it never saw paper. If they ever try another BS long gun registry scheme, it still won't.

NEVER AGAIN !!!
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!