Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I concur about the 12ga being a little much. The 20 gauge does almost the same job but with noticeably with less recoil.

They're on sale now for $124, comes out to $150 after tax and s/h.

I am completely in debt after Christmas and know I shouldn't, but how can you pass up $150 total for something like this?

http://www.corwin-arms.com/catalogue/firearms

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    They're on sale now for $124, comes out to $150 after tax and s/h.

I am completely in debt after Christmas and know I shouldn't, but how can you pass up $150 total for something like this?

http://www.corwin-arms.com/catalogue/firearms
    That's pretty tempting....I've got about $100 spare after all the gifts and driving around for days on end. Pretty sure I'm going to refrain from this purchase to get the new mounts and rings for my Whelen.....pretty sure....

What is preventing me from getting it is that when I got into guns, I promised myself and my wife that I would only ever own a single digit's worth. To do that I came up with precise categories like a 22, varmint bolt, 30 cal hunting, AR, shotgun, large handgun, small handgun, etc. That's seven, so it only affords two more options, and now my wife says she'd love to have a lever.

Since I already have a shotgun (Benelli Supernova tactical), this would be the first gun I buy that's a bit of overlap with something I already have, and unless I sold something it would be it for me. I'm thinking about getting this in a 20ga, so it would be a shotgun that my wife and one day kids can use, because the 14" 12ga will punish them. But then I'm at the point of also wanting to get them a Savage Rascal to start instead of the semi auto I have now, but then I'm over my limit and would be looking to sell the Remington 597.

Damn this awesome sale, and forcing me to rack my brain.

You're overthinking this......would it really be that hard to renegotiate that number to ten? Or maybe 'OK sweetie, we're gonna stick to numbers that start with a 1'? Or just lie your ass off and hide guns behind the furnace......that works too....for a while....
    At least your wife likes shooting, that sure gives you a leg up on the situation.

I have the 12 guage 12 inch version - it's actually not bad to shoot at all. I thought it would kick like a three legged mule, but it's actually fairly tame. I would definitely go for the 20 guage 16 inch barrel. I bet that'd be an awesome gun for grouse or young shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    You're overthinking this......would it really be that hard to renegotiate that number to ten? Or maybe 'OK sweetie, we're gonna stick to numbers that start with a 1'? Or just lie your ass off and hide guns behind the furnace......that works too....for a while....
    At least your wife likes shooting, that sure gives you a leg up on the situation.
    When you have a wife as awesome as mine, you don't lie to her. That doesn't mean I'm a "yes dear" kind of guy; far from it. If I were wuss and rolled over, I'd still have nothing. She is reasonable, and the deal going into this was that if I were to get into guns and they were going to be in the house, she would be on board as long as we never got to double digits. The sketchy side of me could maybe sell it as the 22, lever, and Walther being hers, and the Rascal being the kids', so technically I don't have nine yet, but that would flank her intent and in my view disrespectful because I would not like it if she flanked my intent on a technicality. The deal was a single digit's worth in the house, and for good reason. It was partially for money's sake, but also because it would keep us off the "Collector" radar. Even though I'll never register as one, I still like knowing I have the legal foothold to say "No I don't have ten, and no you can't come in".

I still like knowing I have the legal foothold to say "No I don't have ten, and no you can't come in".
    Without the LGR, how would they know either way?
    And keeping things single digits is fine(I generally try to), but maybe her views have changed.
    It seems like a minor thing, that most wouldn't be overly concerned with.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    ...It seems like a minor thing, that most wouldn't be overly concerned with.
    I agree that on the surface it may seem like an arbitrary number, but for our specific circumstances it's almost like the lynch pin for guns in my house, as it is really the only thing I have to hold to. I won't overstate it and compare it to fidelity in a marriage, but it is kind of like a conditional promise like that; me having guns in the house was supported as long as we never got to 10.

It has allowed me to get a lot of cool stuff, and it's not like I can complain.

Banned
    When you have a wife as awesome as mine, you don't lie to her. That doesn't mean I'm a "yes dear" kind of guy; far from it. If I were wuss and rolled over, I'd still have nothing. She is reasonable, and the deal going into this was that if I were to get into guns and they were going to be in the house, she would be on board as long as we never got to double digits. The sketchy side of me could maybe sell it as the 22, lever, and Walther being hers, and the Rascal being the kids', so technically I don't have nine yet, but that would flank her intent and in my view disrespectful because I would not like it if she flanked my intent on a technicality. The deal was a single digit's worth in the house, and for good reason. It was partially for money's sake, but also because it would keep us off the "Collector" radar. Even though I'll never register as one, I still like knowing I have the legal foothold to say "No I don't have ten, and no you can't come in".
    Simple solution.......a second house.

Cheers!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast