Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Does anyone have the " danger fire hazard" and no smoking sign on their powder storage box?

I have an old pesticide cabinet, double walled, with a "Flammable" decal on it...

Quote Originally Posted by Buck shot View Post
    Does anyone have the " danger fire hazard" and no smoking sign on their powder storage box?
    I think the old rule about a wooden box with non-ferric (e.g. brass) hardware with various labeling -- disappeared with the 2013 regulations.

Nonetheless my wooden box with non-ferric brass hardware has a little HazMat placard with an explosive symbol and I think it says 1.4D or something. "HazMat placard" is a sticker, or one of those 1' diamond shaped orange signs they put on the side of trucks to indicate what's in them this trip.

How to make that way was still nicely described on the NFA website last time I looked for it.

Something like this

Canadian ForcesMember gunner065's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    I think the old rule about a wooden box with non-ferric (e.g. brass) hardware with various labeling -- disappeared with the 2013 regulations.

Nonetheless my wooden box with non-ferric brass hardware has a little HazMat placard with an explosive symbol and I think it says 1.4D or something. "HazMat placard" is a sticker, or one of those 1' diamond shaped orange signs they put on the side of trucks to indicate what's in them this trip.

How to make that way was still nicely described on the NFA website last time I looked for it.

Something like this
    1.4 is correct or a orange diamond with just 4. In in the Navy and part of my responsibilities was dealing with ammunition. I have the orange diamond with 4 on where I store my primers, powders and ammo at home. 1.1 is designated for high explosives such as naval gun rounds.
    Last edited by gunner065; 05-13-2017 at 07:43 AM.
    If it were easy, everyone would do it

Love your Freedom, Thank a Vet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12