Canadian ForcesTransparency Enhancement Facilitator chalkriver's Avatar

My Dominion Arms 7.62x25 pistol showed up today !

I got mine today !! It only took 16 days from the day I ordered to arriving at my door here in Ont ..Thanks CanAm !!
    Got some free stuff in the box, woohoo !!

My first impressions are

1. This thing is OILY and the fit and finish is better than I was expecting. I've had a few Norc products before and this is one is looks better than a lot of them were.

2.The grip fits my hand pretty well( Large hands ) and the gun feels good in my hand but Holy crap !! I cant fit my finger in the trigger guard without wiggling it into position when the hammer is forward. The trigger when in double action setting sits too close to the inside edge of the trigger guard for me to easily insert my finger.
    When the hammer is to the rear and the trigger moves back into the single action mode there is plenty of room in front of the trigger.As others have said the trigger pull when using double action is pretty heavy and I like the trigger pull and feel of the single action a lot better.

3.The slide release is a little stiff to operate but hopefully it lightens up with use.

4.A few spare parts came with it including a spare firing pin and along screw driver type tool ....any idea what it does ??

5. Both mags inserted and then released well from the gun when the release button was pushed.
    My Uplula mag loader can be used to fill the mags but it is a tight fit and a little slower.

6.I couldn't get the mag follower out as it hangs up inside the mag and wont come out.

7. One of the white dots on the rear sight looked like a half moon instead of a circle. I cut a q-tip in half and dabbed some white paint in the recess....good to go.

Overall I am happy with what I see so far and can see it being used in single action only .
    I hope to get it out to the range soon once the reg cert shows up.
    Oh ya ...... I need more mags !!

NOTE : This is not my pistol but just a photo of one that I copied.
    Last edited by chalkriver; 12-02-2014 at 03:28 PM.

Always interested in a pistol that fits the ham fisted gentleman.... That pic is a lot better looking than the one on CanAm's site, I look forward to hearing how she shoots.

I hope the trigger issue can be addressed. I'm waiting for a future shipment for my purchase.

theres no way my fat freaking finger will fit in there

Here's a report i posted elsewhere late last month. Overall, I'm quite pleased with the P762 for the price.

got my P762 from Canada Ammo a couple of days ago. My first impressions upon unpacking....

One thing I can say is that the grip is huge! I have pretty big hands (I wear XL gloves) and while it's OK for me any bigger and I'd have issues wrapping my hand around it. I question the choice of a thick, wrap around rubber grip on a frame that's already oversize. Thin plastic grips with nothing around the front strap might have been a better way to go.

Another thing I noticed is that the trigger is so far forward when the gun isn't cocked that you can barely squeeze your finger in between it and the front of the trigger guard. I expect that this long awkward pull, combined with a very heavy DA trigger, will mean that double action shots will not be this guns strong suit.

The fit and finish on the gun seems OK considering the price

I had it to the range today and put 100 rounds of Norinco 85gr commercial (non corrosive) ammo through it. There were zero issues and it worked flawlessly. I was a little worried because I had forgotten my loader but the mags took 10 rounds without much struggle. The gun has a decent SA trigger and wasn't as snappy as I was led to believe 7.62x25 might be. As for firing in DA....forget it...very long pull and very heavy.

Overall, for a center fire pistol for less than $400 (on sale for $299 in this case) I feel that I more than got my money's worth.

Nice rig. I bought a Russian pistol which shoots the same round for around 200$, and is damn near indestructible.How does it shoot?

I had the same problem with my in double action mode. Extremely hard trigger pull.

Canadian ForcesTransparency Enhancement Facilitator chalkriver's Avatar
    It doesn't like the 1400 rounds of Czech surplus ammo I bought for it.
    I fired aprox 40 rounds and had lots of FTF,s and 6-7 hang fires.

Firing pin/hammer spring not doing well with hard primers? I've shot a fair amount of mixed Czech surplus in my Tokarevs with fair result. There were a couple rounds that absolutely refused to fire but the rest was relatively flawless. One or two stovepipes maybe.....

My son's Tokarev eats that stuff...