Thread: Ghost rings.

Ghost rings.

I've got my eye on a 590a1, but I can't decide whether I want the ghost rings or just a front bead. Anyone with a Mossberg (or similar shotgun) that has ghost rings on it care to weigh in on what I should do? The shotgun is going to be used for plinking 90 percent of the time.

I really only like ghost rings for slugs. It might just be me, but they seem to be a lot harder to hit clays with. I like a good old fashioned bead. Borrow some of the old lady's nail polish if you want to make the bead easier to see.

Ghost rings are no good for clays.
    You may not like guns, and choose not to own one. That is your right. You may not believe in God. That is your choice. However, if someone breaks into your home, the first 2 things you are gonna do are 1) Call someone with a gun, and 2) Pray that they arrive quick enough to save you.

I have a 590A1 with ghost rings and a 930 with a bead, so both not quite but essentially the same barrel length. The downside to the bead is you don't get a vertical reference. I haven't shot tons of clays with either gun, but I am a bit better with the GRs.

I might agree with mlehto if I had more experience and a few thousand busted clays under my belt. I'm mainly using them for 3gun however, and am actually debating changing the bead to GRs or similar.
    What? I can have a SIGNATURE?

Honky Tonk Outlaw BuckingFastard's Avatar
    I can't hit anything that's airborne with GR's, I'm definetly old fashioned bead guy, Sometimes I'm even better with the old beater's that the bead broke off
    "Are you sure Hank done it this way"