Question about challenging PAL/RPAL/CORE!

So I'm going to get 'er done tomorrow morning and challenging all three. I was just wondering about how the exams are made up. Is there one set exam for each (PAL/RPAL/CORE), or does each examiner choose questions from some sort of "question bank" to make up their own test? I'm just curious to know if some examiners may have an easier test than others by chance per se, and also can someone reassure me that it's not going to be that hard if I've done my homework? Thank ya muchly for any help ya got.

3 Different tests.

It isn't that hard, but there is a practical aspect to the PAL and RPAL tests, that if you are not familiar with guns, and handling them could cause you some issues.
    You may not like guns, and choose not to own one. That is your right. You may not believe in God. That is your choice. However, if someone breaks into your home, the first 2 things you are gonna do are 1) Call someone with a gun, and 2) Pray that they arrive quick enough to save you.

Quote Originally Posted by mlehto View Post
    3 Different tests.

It isn't that hard, but there is a practical aspect to the PAL and RPAL tests, that if you are not familiar with guns, and handling them could cause you some issues.
    I took a bit of an informal 3 hour course with someone I know who used to teach it and he had decommisioned models of all the different types to try out (lever/bolt/semi-auto rifles, pump/break shotguns, single and double action revolvers, semi-auto pistol) So I got experience with ACTS/PROVE on all of those. I hear what you're saying, if I hadn't gotten that experience I could see it being alot harder/impossible without the practical experience.
    Last edited by 94sahara; 05-18-2012 at 10:55 PM.

It ain't rocket science, as long as you know ACTS and PROVE and religiously apply them you will pass, CORE (I assume this is some sort of hunting test) varies from province to province so I can't help you there. Basically keep your booger pickr off the bang switch at all times, and don't even think of pointing the thing at you or anyone else's noggin to "examine the bore" until you've done all the other steps (I did them twice, instructor after it was all said and done asked why, I simply replied that "I don't like the idea of having a gun pointed at my face, even when I'm the one pointing it"). Passed with something like 95%, there was one question about shotgun chokes that I ended up getting backwards.

Wahoo thanks for the info guys, just got back from writing all three, got 100% on the restricted and non-restricted! He didn't tell me what my mark was on the c.o.r.e. (I thought I did pretty bad) but I guess it was good enough to pass as he gave me the forms to send in! Now comes the waiting game after I get all this stuff in the mail...

Good job on your 100%!

Owner - Tundra Supply jonanddad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 94sahara View Post
    Wahoo thanks for the info guys, just got back from writing all three, got 100% on the restricted and non-restricted! He didn't tell me what my mark was on the c.o.r.e. (I thought I did pretty bad) but I guess it was good enough to pass as he gave me the forms to send in! Now comes the waiting game after I get all this stuff in the mail...
    Congratulations! you did better than me :P here are my scores

NR:
    Exam: 100%
    Practical: 98%

R:
    Exam: 98%
    Practical: 100%
    Owner - Tundra Supply