Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Stock Upgrade for SVT-40

Just wondering if anyone here knows where I can get a stock with either a gooseneck, thumbhole, or pistol grip style stock for my SVT-40.
    Here's a couple of examples that I've seen on the net that I like.

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion2669 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone here knows where I can get a stock with either a gooseneck, thumbhole, or pistol grip style stock for my SVT-40.
    Here's a couple of examples that I've seen on the net that I like.

No aftermarket stocks exist for the SVT as far as I know. This would be a custom job that would cost 3-5x the rifle itself sadly. Its a beauty stock though!

3. The Following User Liked This Post By PantherD1943

Satain (01-22-2015)

I haven't even noticed a commercially available replacement stock, nevermind custom options. These rifles are rare enough in the U.S. that not much of an aftermarket has grown up around them. The one in your photo is almost certainly a custom job by what appears to be a talented woodworker. Some guys were home rigging a Dragunov style 'sniper' stock for them as well. There is at least one Canadian toying around with a stock duplicator......not sure if they'll start selling them or not.

I posted this SVT-40 stock on another forum.

I posted this stock thinking I would get flamed, but people liked it. Liked it so much I've been asked to produce these stocks.
    I'm now seriously considering producing these.

I wanted to stay true to original Russian design characteristics, arsenal birch ply wood and pine tar/shellac finish.

Here's my design....

6. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By 4307

3MTA3 (01-24-2015), JZfox42 (12-15-2015), RobEG (03-09-2016), Satain (01-22-2015), tdod101 (02-10-2016)

Senior Member A corrupted individual's Avatar
    How much do those cost?

I'm working on tooling and material sourcing to speed up build time which will help me calculate cost.

I'd really like to make this stock available for the Canadian SVT enthusiast. It will take a bit of time.

9. The Following User Liked This Post By 4307

DOOK (01-02-2017)

Where were these pictures when I was custom fabricating my wood SVT stock!

Yea I seen this stock on another forum it has my interest

Very Cool!- was it hard to fit? how does it shoot?
    "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

Shoots better compared to the original soviet stock, less movement. The stock tolerances are tighter as I wanted a bedded fit.
    I Beefed up the take down bolt as well, big difference. The receiver fit was a bit of work, a lot of trim/fit, trim/fit, until I was satisfied.

I'll probably use this stock to pattern off of, I'm hoping to replicate the fit. These receivers were mass produced with some dimensional differences from receiver to receiver. I'm hoping to complete a duplicator in the next couple months. In the meantime I'd like to purchase 2-3 more SVT's and use the receivers to check fit on the reproduced stocks. I'd like to develop a tighter fit than the original arsenal stocks, if not, I would not produce these if the fit is not the same or better than arsenal fit.

The balance point on the new stock, with the bipod attached is just in front of the magazine, unloaded. The balance point with 5 rounds in the magazine is at the magazine.
    Overall the rifle is more comfortable to shoot. It's a longer length of pull, which I was after. I found the original stock to be a bit short.
    Other people have shot this rifle and liked the feel. A shorter shooter liked the original length, so I'm considering making the same stock in a shorter butt stock length if requested.

I was able to squeeze tighter group out of the bedded fit, which is a +. The bipod is welcomed addition as well. Cheek weld is correct for the POSP scope, and can still shoot using iron sights. The POSP is away from shell ejection, so a deflector is not needed.

The new stock is a direct swap. I can swap the original stock back on the receiver in minutes. The rail is mounted to the receiver with 2 fine thread machine screws and Loctite. I did not add screw mounts to the wood stock as they are not needed. After a crate of ammo (roughly 800-1000 rounds) the POSP did not deviate, even when detached for transport.

I've fired this rifle for 6+ months without issue. So far so good.

I love this rifle. Turns heads at the range, fun to shoot, looks big and serious, feels solid.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast