Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Colt Canada vs Norinco - Canada vs China - Beauty and the Beast YouTube series

This year, I'm going to go on a bit of a buying spree for the Colt Canada SA 20s and SA15.7 rifles.

I'm going to go with simple builds - stock rifles with either the shipped BUIS (I think it's a Troy) or Elcan Spectres for optics. I sure ain't going to spray paint them - but I'll start a YouTube video series, doing tabletop and range comparisons between the different rifle builds.

Any ideas, suggestions, or requests?

Cool, I've been thinking of an SA15.7, when do you think you'll be doing this??

Over the course of the coming year. I think gold and silver are overdue for a breakout or capitulation, so until I know for sure, I'm parking discretionary income in high end luxury items.

I think the Colt Canada rifles, even at full MSRP are a pretty solid investment.

Buy a DD MilSpec+ M4A1 as well to compare it side by side with the Colt.

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Buy a DD MilSpec+ M4A1 as well to compare it side by side with the Colt.
    That will be the stretch goal for 2016.

Talking to a few folks in the know, I think there's a good chance this Diemaco release will be an anomaly and Colt Canada won't bother producing anymore rifles for the commercial market.

Ergo - the potential for these as high value collectors pieces is quite high.

I'm actually thinking of swapping some gold and silver to get a few more of these rifles.

I'm confident for the next few years, Daniel Defense will keep producing rifles for commercial consumption - Colt Canada only released 980 of these Diemaco rifles for the 30th anniversary of the C7's introduction.

Unfortunately for them - they came into a time when the AR market was highly saturated and the reception to their release was lukewarm at best.

They're sexy rifles - I'm half tempted to whip out my credit card everytime I'm at The Shooting Edge and I get one of the staff to show me the floor model. The action and trigger, even with light factory lube is nice and smooth, not like my sandpaper Norks which which really needs to be worked in to get kind of smooth.

The Diemaco internals of the upper look MUCH better done than the Norks - with a superfluous inspection, the only thing the Norks have over the Diemaco's is that the serial and manufacturers markings are much nicer on the Norks versus the Colt's which look a bit roughly electro pencil'd in (maybe deliberately so - going for that retro-military kind of look).
    Last edited by harbl_the_cat; 01-13-2015 at 10:31 AM.

Colt canada used the same dies that were used on the C7/C8 riffles.... Which is uber kool if you ask me....

I didnt have the money when these were released, But I found it real quick. I didnt want to miss out on the Green furniture....

I saw a post of colt USA feed ramps, Looks like a 12 year old was given a dremel, The CC one is way nicer.... I think the Value will only go up from here, 98% of people don't even know they exist.

Last edited by DILLIGAF; 01-13-2015 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    Colt canada used the same dies that were used on the C7/C8 rifles.... Which is uber kool if you ask me...
    Maybe if you're a fan of military-specific kit, but keep in mind that Army kit doesn't automatically make something the best.

Thanks for that info I wasn't aware....

Quote Originally Posted by Petamocto View Post
    Maybe if you're a fan of military-specific kit, but keep in mind that Army kit doesn't automatically make something the best.
    True - but just like in buying bullion, there's highest price and there's highest value.

I think these rifles are more akin to a low-mintage numismatic coin (they're pretty close to current market price for gold too).

Just auditing my precious metals portfolio - there are much nicer specimen generic or national mint bullion, but by virtue of them having no practical limit for mintage, they carry no numismatic (that is - collector) value. Conversely, there's some absolutely fugly numismatic coins that, by virtue of only having 20,000 minted - have a premium well over the market price.

I think that's the most attractive part about these Colt's. They may not be as good as a DD - but with only 980 available to the public, I think they'll be a valued collectors piece ESPECIALLY if Colt Canada runs with their tail between their leg after the experience getting burned trying to get into the civilian market.

A friend of mine is a collector of historic Canadian military rifles and pistols - and he jumped on the opportunity to get one. I bet there are more than 490 people of like mind in the country.

Besides - it's nice to have a little bit of national pride

Also Dilligaf - those feed ramps don't look too bad.
    Last edited by harbl_the_cat; 01-13-2015 at 02:48 PM.

Always against the grain Booletsnotreactwell's Avatar
    I got a U.S. Colt with M4 feedramps. They don't look at all like "dremel" work. The feedramps that do look like "dremel work" are because they are. Functionally they serve the same purpose and don't hinder performance if done right.

There is a guy at my range that is a big shot at CC, he said that while there were some issues with the initial dive into the Canadian market they are pressing forward.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast