Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Weekend Gunslingers's Avatar

3 Gun rifle optic

hi there

We are planning on trying out 3 gun this year on top of IPSC and USPSA. What optic do you run on your 3 gun rifle? I am thinking no magnification but open to suggestions. I have to buy two of each (wife's and mine) so budget is a factor. Any suggestions welcome.
    "Never step in anything soft"
    Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYm...-sW1YrMRwIkTaQ

Personal preference. Trial and error. I'm too slow with iron sights, basic red dot worked but got tough at 300m. Currently have a 3x BDC illuminated reticle, works fine out to 500m but we rarely shoot that far so I'm thinking of an Eotech. Asking around, most seem to try a bunch before finding what they like. The new Votex 1-6 looks like it'll be a good seller, I might try it out myself.

3. The Following User Liked This Post By DOA

Satain (01-29-2015)

All depends on the matches your going to attend. Non local matches can stretch out to 500 yards in the US. In canada 200 meter is the longest ive seen. Budget is important as a non expensive chinese made 1 to 4 optic will run you around the 300 range.
    " If you dont like it, learn to love it , wooooooooooo "

The vortex 1to 6 is 1600 bucks, a trijicon tr 24 1 to 4 is 1200 ( what I run ) , I also have a backup ar with a leupold 1 to 4. Ive spent over 4 gran on my rifle, 1400 on pistol, and I need a semi auto shotgun cause the 870 just isnt cutting it, so ill be spending another 1600 to 2000 for a shotgun. 3 gun belt ap shotshells holders, plus , plus , plus , plus. Ill be around the 10 k plus area this year and its going to be my first year shooting 3 gun. O ya and travel expenses, hotels, gas, dog boarding, babysitters , ive been saving for 6 months to get it all together. And all the practice ammo, on top of that I got my flintch back from not practicing this winter to save money. Ill spend at least 1000 rounds to work it out and couple hundred a week to stay on top of it. Its really expensive if you want to be a competitor, for fun you can take whatever. Before applying for atf form 6 I need to get all the ammo, all the firearms on paper and sent to the atf cause you cant cross with anything you dont have on your form. So ifbyou buy a nice new rifle, or handgun you have to reapply and wait a few weeks.
    Last edited by superbad; 01-29-2015 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DOA View Post
    Personal preference. Trial and error. I'm too slow with iron sights, basic red dot worked but got tough at 300m. Currently have a 3x BDC illuminated reticle, works fine out to 500m but we rarely shoot that far so I'm thinking of an Eotech. Asking around, most seem to try a bunch before finding what they like. The new Votex 1-6 looks like it'll be a good seller, I might try it out myself.
    At 300 meters a 3 moa red dot will cover the entire target unless its a triangle and you use the tip when you zero. I can only imagine aftervrunning around with heart pumping.

Which Vortex 1-6 are talking about? I can't see the new Strike Eagle being $1600.

I haven't run my AR in 3gun yet, thought I plan to this summer. It's got irons now, but I'm thinking Eotech. I've thought of a low magnification Vortex but I don't see myself shooting over 200 in my area.

Never used one but I keep looking at the Holosun red dot (aimpoint clone), $200 bucks, 2MOA, and insane battery life
    Go Pig or Go Home

We've only shot to 100 yards - but I've run a TRS25, Vortex Sparc, Vortex PST 1-4x24, Trijicon Accutpoint 1-4x24. I just can't make up my mind on what to settle on.

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    Which Vortex 1-6 are talking about? I can't see the new Strike Eagle being $1600
    I'd expect to see it $500-600

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    Which Vortex 1-6 are talking about? I can't see the new Strike Eagle being $1600.
    Quote Originally Posted by DOA View Post
    I'd expect to see it $500-600
    Vortex says this will be priced Less than the PST. (source: Shot Show announcement) So under U$500, of course by the spring our Can$ will still be in the tank so around C$500 (?) here in Canada.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast