Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    What a load of crap, Thanks Range bob for the hint to call the toll free number
    I did and according to the lady, the gun registered to my name has to be unregistered and to do so i need to transmit to the RCMP the permit number of the buyer, mine and the serial number of the firearm so they can send a registration form to him

I thought all this BS was reserved to the restricted firearms

The more i think of it, the more i think the lady had no idea and pulled that out of her hat. My guess is the new owner has to register it and checking if his license is a valid one is the end of my duty as the previous owner cause like Range bob said what if i sold it out of province they would have to just take it off of their gestapo registration anyways

Edit: this is what it says in the RCMP site and that is it for non restricted

When transferring a non-restricted firearm, the transferor (a seller or giver) may contact the CFP and request confirmation of whether the transferee (a buyer or recipient), at the time of transfer, holds a licence authorizing them to acquire and possess that kind of firearm. (No if's and but's for Quebec)

And since i had his license under my nose and it was a valid one...

So i guess i answered my own question loll
    Last edited by Kobs; 02-11-2015 at 03:40 PM.
    I'll do what I have to do and deal with the consequences of my actions later