moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.

Great Goshdarn Gift

Today I picked up this project from a friend. It is a gift for some Garand favours I have sent his way. My first Norc 305. Within an hour of this photo being taken it is now a trembling parts kit. Every last set screw, pin and such are out and I am going to do my best to make a silk purse out of this piggy. I have read this months Calibre magazine and see there is a few things I might try. Anyone out there own one of these rare,exotic firearms created by the founders of gunpowder and Szechuan Chicken? Easy fixes? Wood or synthetic stock? (I lean towards good lumber) The stock looks like it is made from recycled ABS pipe and the receiver finished in Basic BBQ Black paint. p.s. any Canadian deals on 20/5 round mags?

p.p.s. pay no attention to the date on the photo. new camera and I have no idea how to set it to the correct one.
    GET OFF MY LAWN!

Great Goshdarn Gift
    Indeed!
    Or, it could just be a beater you aren't worried about dinging up.
    I know, that isn't any fun though

I just got that issue of Calibre yesterday. Good articles as usual, lighting an SKS on fire seemed a tad ridiculous though. The M305 write up was giving me bad thoughts though...like putting one on my Canadian Tire card...

Nice-Did you read through the sticky?= http://gunownersofcanada.ca/showthre...o-s-of-the-M14
    "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    It cost me a few small parts and a Garand assembly so it is worth a few dollars to dress it up. Accuracy may improve a bit but as I am a wonky eyed old fart that is secondary to looks! I will check out the 'sticky' and get some ideas for this evolution in firearm fun.
    GET OFF MY LAWN!

Hmmm, I just took my USGI stock off my M14 when I put it into the EBR chassis. It's painted, but it'd look good on there.