Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    At the end of the day: it's up to me to define what niche I want to have.
    "And this above all: To thine own self be true."
    -Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by TV-PressPass View Post
    ...At the end of the day: it's up to me to define what niche I want to have.
    Tight groups in 2015 lads.
    If you want to sound like a profeesional journalist, never use that as a "filler" phrase again.
    Like spelling and grammar, language counts.

For the rest of it, professionalism is appreciated, even if it isn't as flashy as a fake accent and blowing s**t up

I like your articles and clips. Keep it up. I like that Ryan moved away from Funker to start also has his place, but that's high-production too.

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    I like your articles and clips. Keep it up. I like that Ryan moved away from Funker to start also has his place, but that's high-production too.
    I really liked skal too, sort of a folksy whimsical channel with swords and stuff But - i will confess I de-subscribed just the other day because I've found of late his content has really been lacking. At the end of the day, no matter what you do you still need to produce good content.

I can't stand nuthinfancy.

Canadian ForcesMember
    Nutnfancy sounds like someone is committing in my ear and routinely embarrasses himself to people in the know. You on the other hand Edward are good people and I understand your frustrations. I do what I do in my spare time because if it were a full time job I don't know if I would enjoy it. I try not to write negative reviews because the review process is very time consuming. People don't realise how many hours or even dollars can go into a review. To then waste even more time writing, editing, photographing and then editing those pictures is just not worth it. I do include things I dislike with the products I do write about though. My reviews are note of a way to say these are things I give my seal of approval to. If I wrote a fluff price not only am I not being truthful to myself I lose trust in the reader. I am always the first to mention if something is a personal preference and ask others I trust their oppinion so it's not just my thinking.

On the topic of people getting paid by the company it's deplorable to me. Your not a reviewer your now a marketing firm lying to your readership/viewership by pretending what you say is factual. I know for a fact several companies do this as people I one wrote for or are industry friends gave me a heads up.

Keep doing what your doing.

Just wanted to say I've enjoyed your work and make a point of stopping by your blog and you tube channel now and then. You're one of the people I think of when it comes to making firearms in Canada seem accessible and fun in media.
    Last edited by Defenstrator; 06-27-2015 at 07:22 PM.

I like your channel Edward, probably one of the first Canadian gun channels I watched. Still haven't got myself a Tavor yet, but I want one. Probably my favorite YouTube channel is Iraqiveteran8888. He just seems like an average guy having some fun, usually has a good informational theme, and his videos are nice and clear, I can't stand some grainy video with the camera bouncing all over.

I wouldn't worry about comparing your media work to youtubers. The bar is set way too low. Some people like to wave their hands around a product a lot and hear their own voice. People listen to that who like to hear that voice. Maybe it is just because they bought the same thing and like to feel good about it.

The model around youtube is to brand yourself and grow a subscriber base. There are lots of wanna-bes and very low quality content. It is easy to make distracting content and get hits, and harder to make quality content and slowly build subscribers.

In terms of reviews, short term reviews are the norm all over. Consumer Reports, magazines such as Maximum PC, etc., all do reviews based on one week or so with the product. They sometimes create a long term review category to let people know how the product has behaved in real world ownership.

Starship Troopers.. awesome. One of my favorite movies, and I too always wondered why we didn't have TV's where you could click on a link to "know more".

So I'll be honest, I don't really know you or your video's. But I wanted to put in my two cents here since you mentions nuttintolistentohere. He's a windbag, not a single person I know who is into firearms watches his channel. You're a young guy and you appeal to younger viewers? Then take a queue from other companies who market to them and keep your videos short. Even if you make two videos and call the second one the Extended Version.

Videos for the younger generation are three to five minutes. They're not spending much more time than that before moving on.

As for your work, if it makes you happy and you're earning money from it, then keep on keeping on. Consider it a money making hobby if you need to. You don't need to earn the big bucks now, it will come when someone sees your dedication, drive and insight.
    Dear NFA - I quit.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123