Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pretty P'eed Off About This Ad!

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes an act of rebellion."
    - George Orwell

That was cute

Have gun, will travel. Forbes/Hutton's Avatar
    No cop car?

4. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By Forbes/Hutton

Canuck (02-15-2015), Edenchef (02-19-2015), Edward Teach (02-15-2015)

LOL

I swear, people in marketing & advertising are some of the most unoriginal people on earth. Failed artists.

Quote Originally Posted by bettercallsaul View Post
    I swear, people in marketing & advertising are some of the most unoriginal people on earth. Failed artists.
    Not fair (or true). You must remember that professional artists often are working with far far fewer constraints. In marketing you are limited in so many ways that the fact they turn out anything even remotely innovative is remarkable. They can present three possible marketing ads, one brilliant, one mediocre and one really not great and the customer can point to the worst and say "that's what I want" and that's the end of it.

When you've been a professional 'artist' OR a marketing media professional, then come talk to me I've been a professional writer for tv and i've known a lot of marketing writers/artists and it is very very rare that you really get to put yourself or your work forward without someone else making the decisions for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    Not fair (or true). You must remember that professional artists often are working with far far fewer constraints. In marketing you are limited in so many ways that the fact they turn out anything even remotely innovative is remarkable. They can present three possible marketing ads, one brilliant, one mediocre and one really not great and the customer can point to the worst and say "that's what I want" and that's the end of it.

When you've been a professional 'artist' OR a marketing media professional, then come talk to me I've been a professional writer for tv and i've known a lot of marketing writers/artists and it is very very rare that you really get to put yourself or your work forward without someone else making the decisions for you.
    I don't agree. I've been an artist for years & I dated a marketing student for years. Marketing is where art goes to die a horrible death at the hands of "target groups".

You'd be hard pressed to find any real art on TV anywhere. The end goal of art isn't "buy this."

There is certainly creativity that goes into marketing & advertising, but to call it art is a stretch.
    Last edited by bettercallsaul; 02-15-2015 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bettercallsaul View Post
    Seriously, BCS, as the original ads say, "You need to go fun yourself." After some of the absurd, annoying ads on tv, this is a breath of fresh air. It gets the message across about the car without the excessive hype. And you have a few laughs at the same time. How many times have you wanted to do SOMETHING to the guy who steals your parking spot?

Lighten up!!

- George Orwell

Which option package is this included in?
    CSSA CCFR

Heated seats and steering wheel.
    - George Orwell

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast