Quick Message

Rod Giltaca, PAL Instructor
    Civil Advantage Firearms Training

2. The Following User Liked This Post By CivilAdvantage

lone-wolf (03-06-2015)

Sending a couple PEI ones in on Monday.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

[non sequitor. I resisted as long as I could.] Where did you get that shirt?

5. The Following User Liked This Post By RangeBob

Foxer (03-07-2015)

Smile

Don cherry.

The puca shell necklace is also a nice touch.

7. The Following User Liked This Post By Deuce-deuce

Candychikita (03-08-2015)

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Thanks for the reminder about the petitions Rod. Get em in guys.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

Great reminder to everyone, Rod. I sent mine off today with the people from my work who were interested, and one is still posted for a few more days just in case.

I think the entire community (the ones who are active in caring, anyway) are all watching this carefully for exactly the reasons you said.

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    [non sequitor. I resisted as long as I could.] Where did you get that shirt?
    Ever since people pointed out his 'eclectic' shirt tenancies i've had a hard time not noticing it I think it's awesome

I wasn't going to leave a comment on the channel, but seeing as we started a thread on it I'll just say this - i don't believe that this is an indication of whether or not we 'can' come together as a community, nor do I feel that whatever response comes out of Ottawa is necessarily a result of how they view gun owners or the citizens in general.

Leadership plays a huge role in the success or failure of any such venture, and I feel it was exceptionally poor from the start. It's arguable that Rod did more than the organization backing it to really promote it. That's a bad sign. So - i think not so much a test of whether we can come together as a community. We can. I've seen it. We all have in the recent past with the efforts involving the swiss arms and cz's.

Nor do I think the gov'ts response is much of an indication. These things are ONLY useful as a rule when done in conjuction with the appropriate political pressuring and discussions needed to make use of such a petition. The gov't gets LOTS of petitions. Given the current state of the sponsoring org I have very grave doubts that they're sitting down with the right people and making sure this will be given the appropriate light and standing. Further, I'd guess that those people who ARE talking to them are likely more interested right now in distancing themsevles from the activities of the sponsor org rather than tie themselves closer.

I do agree tho that it should be completed. People came this far - it is very important to finish a project like this regardless of anything else. And you just never know - sometimes you get that golden bb that manages to hit home and do some real damage even if the odds are against it.

oh - and yes, I also noticed the puka shells.

Seriously - when are we going to start talking about the REAL issue here: Rod gets more done with his regular videos that most, and I note that shortly after posting he had more views than even ezra's new 'the rebel' videos in the same time frame. So - when do we start crowdfunding to buy a little more of his time to make more of this stuff instead of just hoping he'll get around to it when he's not trying to earn a living?

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    Seriously - when are we going to start talking about the REAL issue here: Rod gets more done with his regular videos that most, and I note that shortly after posting he had more views than even ezra's new 'the rebel' videos in the same time frame. So - when do we start crowdfunding to buy a little more of his time to make more of this stuff instead of just hoping he'll get around to it when he's not trying to earn a living?
    Anyone follow/donate to TheRebel.media funding campaign? They've done incredibly well. Would a similar campaign for Rod be beneficial? Serious question, I mean I don't really know. Perhaps Rod has everything he needs to keep producing these. Or maybe he needs some commercial software or some lamp or what not. Point is, I've got $35 that isn't going to my NFA renewal anymore...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Our freedoms ARE the greater good.

I have to tell you all how much I appreciate your support. Anyway, I don't think the petition will change much but follow through is critical at this point. With everything else that's going on we need to complete at least something together. If there's one thing I can't stand it's bitching with no action. So it's not much to ask our fellow LAGO's to sign and send. Maybe it's a great exercise and we do another one in a year or two when we need it. If nothing, we've learned how not to do it.

The next challenge is finding a MP to present it, apparently the NFA has lost any hope of a MP bringing it forward. Maybe my guy can do it...but one challenge at a time.
    Rod Giltaca, PAL Instructor
    Civil Advantage Firearms Training

13. The Following User Liked This Post By CivilAdvantage

lone-wolf (03-07-2015)

thanks Rod , for the info as always

I have a bunch to send in and was woundering what was going on
    great to hear its going ahead!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast