Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Great stuff! Thanks. Hope Williams picks it up and they tool a size for mine. 1/4in would be 1/8 too small for mine. Looks like it will expensive too.

The thread title brought to mind images of an old trench-coat clad man in the park.
    "It is an absolute truism that law-abiding, armed citizens pose no threat to other law-abiding citizens."

Ammo, camo and things that go "blammo".

Shotgun, rifle and a 4 wheel drive! BrotherRockeye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Camo tung View Post
    The thread title brought to mind images of an old trench-coat clad man in the park.
    that thread is in off topics..."cog problems for old peepers"
    We're kin cuz we shoot! What we shoot, and what we shoot at, shouldn't matter!

"The worst an honest man can do is make an honest mistake" ~ Augustus McCrae
    There is no Justice...SUNRAY Lives

Lone-wolf has it right, the rear sight doesn't need to be in focus.
    Your brain automatically aligns through the centre of the hole, whether it's sharp or fuzzy is irrelevant.
    If you second guess it, I think accuracy actually suffers.

I've been meaning to try putting a piece of electrical tape with a hole in it onto my glasses.
    Here's an explanation: http://www.muzzleblasts.com/archives.../mbo46-5.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by Gunter View Post
    Have a look at this, do you think this might help?

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/...s-iron-sights/

Cheers
    Gunter
    Oooh, that looks nice. Now, would that just replace the insert in the rear sight?
    That would be great.

I've been messing around with vision issues for shooting for several years. There is no right answer but I will give y'all my latest discovery and solution.
    About three years ago, I had a set of bifocal shooting glasses made up with the lens for my dominant eye optimized for the front sight and a second lens cut in the bottom that I could use to read. The left lens was left as a single focus. These glasses worked perfectly for pistol shooting as the FS is clear and crisp and the combination of both eyes gives me good clarity at all distances. However these glasses were or are useless for the Red Dot on my AR and the shotgun with the latter being less critical. The red dot is just a blurred mess. I have a Leupold RDS on top of a HAMR 4x

So if I shoot both pistols and the rifle in the same match which I do often, I have to switch glasses back and forth and use my progressive day glasses for the rifle and shotgun with safety glasses over them. Needless to say it's a PITA. I can get a clear FS on the pistol with the progressives but I have to tilt my head way back into a poor and uncomfortable position.

Recently, I read about stickable bifocals where you wet the small magnifying lense and stick it to the inside of your glasses. So I bought a set of + 1.25 after reading the prescriptions of both my glasses. The brand is Hydrotac and available at Walmart or online. I used Amazon. When I got the lenses. I trimmed one of them to fit the top 1/4 to 1/3 of my safety glasses. When I put the safety glasses over my day glasses this is what I get:

My normal posture with the pistol has my head tilted slightly down and so I see through the combination of my day glasses and the strip of stick on lens on the right lens of my safety glasses. PERFECT! The front sight is crisp and clear as soon as the gun comes to my shooting position.

When I pick up the rifle, mount it to my cheek, my vision is through the centre of my day glasses and the strip stick on, doesn't come into play. The red dot is crisp and clear. When I drop down to the HAMR. the same is true and the reticle is sharp and clear.

I'm a happy camper. Now I'm going to take my solution to the eye Doctor and have them write a prescription and get a lens cut for my shooting glasses and that will just make things more convenient and comfortable. Life is better. :-)
    NightHawkCustom Pred II 45, NHC .22 upper, Stag Arms AR 15, Rem. Versa Max Tactical 12 Ga. Tanfoglio Ltd Custom Xtreme, an upgraded Tanfo Ltd Pro, Seraphim 1911 .45 ACP Archangel, Seraphim 9mm Warfighter, SIG P320 FS in 9mm with a .40 conversion and now a SIG P226 Enhanced Elite 9mm.

Sinclair sells it in their catalog. Still not sure if it would help the OP.

Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailShare on printMore Sharing Services5

The Sinclair/AOS MicroSight is a revolutionary solution to a problem that’s plagued riflemen since the beginning of rifle shooting itself: how to see both the target and the front sight clearly at the same time. A legitimate “game changer” doesn’t come along very often in the precision shooting world these days, so when we heard the MicroSight called one, we were, frankly, pretty skeptical. Then we tried it—and couldn’t believe the difference it made in sight picture and group size. The MicroSight uses “phased zone plate” technology in two tiny, internal lenses to produce two distinct focal points, so you see both the front sight AND the target perfectly clear, crisp, and in focus at the same time. You get a dramatically enhanced sight picture for more precise aiming and faster target acquisition that leads to superior accuracy and smaller groups. It gives iron sight target shooters, hunters, and military/law enforcement marksmen an amazing capability previously available only with a scope, red dot, or holographic sight.

Invented by David Crandall, an engineer at Idaho National Laboratory, a competitive shooter and U.S. Palma Team member, the MicroSight is actually a small add-on device that adds essentially no weight (OK, a few grams) or bulk to your rifle. It screws between the sight body and the rear aperture on adjustable rear sights from Centra, Gehmann, RPA, Warner, PNW, Anschutz, and similar models that have a 9.5mm x 1 thread pitch and require a rear-to-front radius of approximately 33" (84cm). For best results, use with 1.5mm or larger aperture setting.

Sinclair, Issue:4B, Page:217

APOLLO OPTICAL SYSTEMS - AOS MICROSIGHT

749-013-144WS
    AOS MicrosightMfr Part: 1000201

$149.99
    Add to Cart
    In Stock

ITEM DETAILS

Made in the USA

Last edited by Gunter; 03-15-2015 at 09:54 AM.

my apologies, double post.
    Last edited by Gunter; 03-15-2015 at 09:52 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12