Bachelor cooking III - Let's get Domestic.. :)

OK.... now you have gotten through your deliciously classy Shrimp Couscous and had a really nice meal of onion chicken with twice baked potatos and lemon pepper green beens.... It's time for date 3..... Now, it's time to ease up on the throttle big boy... you don't want her getting too accustomed to fancy eating done quick every day do you?....lol... Here is a great recipe for one of my home cooking favorites that is delicious, sure to impress and really sets the tone for a relaxing evening.... great for coming in from the cold to something warm and filling....

Here's the problem though.... when you serve this to your special lady, date or ummm hired company you have to stay charming, suave and sophisticated.... Oh, who are we kidding... "stay".... you have to LOOK charming suave and sophisticated..... if you are out to impress this is the time to have nice wine, flowers and good music playing.... this is good old fashioned wholesome "talk at the dinner table" food... Follow this up with a bowl of fresh berries and whipped cream for a meal to remember.... follow it up with more wine if you burn it and want to forget.....

Easy Peasy Chicken Pot Pie

Ingredients:

-1 package of two frozen pie crusts (Thawed) .... If you want to go all out and make real pie crust PM me....lol
    -3 Large chicken breasts sliced (The good stuff, not that flash frozen Wally world watery crap)
    -5 Medium sized potatoes peeled and cubed (Make sure to cube them small)
    -2 cans cream of mushroom soup
    -1 can cream of celery soup
    -2 cups frozen peas (Buy new ones, don't use the ones you put on your eye last time you told your date to "make me a sammich")
    -2 cups fresh baby carrots cut into rounds
    -Margarine

Directions:

1- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add chicken, cubed potatoes and carrots, boil for 20 minutes

2- Add peas to pot and continue to boil 5 more minutes

3- Remove from heat, drain and set on counter (If you don't have a strainer to drain with use the pot lid and slowly pour water out, do not strain through your minnow bucket from fishing... very bad idea)

4- Add soups from cans to pot and stir (do not add water)

5- Pour mixture into one pie crust, ensure you don't get any on the edges and that there is amound in the middle

6- Wet edges of second pie crust and flip onto bottom crust... use your thumb to squeeze crusts together

7- Poke several holes in the top of pie WITH A FORK....

8- Place in 375 degree oven for 35 minutes

9- At the 35 minute mark glaze the top of your pie with a small amount of margarine

10- Cook for an additional 5 minutes until golden brown

Allow to cool and serve....
    It's no fun punning with a Kleptomaniac... they keep taking things, literally.

Mmmmm, i haven't made a chicken pot pie in years!

For anyone interested, the pie crust recipe on the box of Tenderflake is a pretty good one! I have to admit to being lazy here.... my grandma makes pie crusts with this recipe for everyone in the family. You just take your pie crust container when you go to visit grandma, and she fills it up for you with frozen pie crusts. You can make them at home too and freeze them with a sheet of wax paper between crusts.

To be honest... I am 100 percent with ben... The premade crusts and the tenderflake crusts are really good... (The premades I use are tenderflake)... This is a great recipe and one I make often... Thanks to simplicity...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Token Female Moderator Candychikita's Avatar
    bahahahah want to see me curse? prime viewing time is making pastry there's no shame in using the tenderflake premade crusts

another excellent meal idea brad

Country Boy Can Survive
    I am going to post some of my "Semi-Bachelor" cooking (Girlfriend) but she lives elsewhere.

Might make some of the weaker stomached members ill.

The Potpie looks excellent Brad. I will know who to get a hold of when I am starving at school.
    I'd rather Deal with Nature than Bureaucracy - John Barsness

We Can't Stop Here this is Remington Country!

You know where I'm at bud... Lol... You aren't coming through for school again are you?... If so bring the missus... Pot pie or anything else you guys want is on the menu... ...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk