http://www.rightedition.com/ Right Edition's Avatar

Brian talks with Ed Burlew and Ian Thomson

Brian , Ed and Ian Thomson discuss the issues surrounding this case, as well as his denial of the right to to protect himself that came down Today
    Ian just got denied right to defend himself with a gun carry permit.
    The messed up conclusions of the CFO is beyond ridiculous.

Firearm Legal Defence

Legal Expense Insurance for Gun Owners

Protect yourself if charged with unsafe storage, transportation or use of a firearm.

We pay legal fees, court costs and time off work to attend court; up to $100,000 per occurrence and $500,000 total per policy year. Plus get unlimited legal advice through our toll-free Legal Advice Helpline.

What price for peace of mind? Just $95 per year.

http://www.firearmlegaldefence.com/
    Last edited by Right Edition; 03-26-2015 at 08:19 PM.

re defending his home and his life during the firebombing (police arrived 10 minutes after attack, an attack that lasted about 1 minute):

"Your desire to take the law into your own hands is also evident in the arson attempt on your home. I can not reach the conclusion that police protection is insufficient in the circumstances when you deliberately choose to avoid invoking police assistance in favour of making your own armed response."
    "If you were to draw your firearm in the public realm in circumstances where police were responding or otherwise in attendance, I would expect that potentially deadly force would quickly be focused on you by the police officers in attendance."
    -- Ed Burlew, reading from the CFO's 18 page refusal. (in above video)

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    I made it half way thought and had to stop. I was finally starting to wind down after a crappy day at work. Now my blood pressure is up again in frustration. Trying to live within the rules of self defense in Canada is a waste of time. The legal system doesn't want you to follow the rules. They want you to be a defenseless victim...take want ever your assailant dishes out...and if you survive, give testimony against them in court. Yes, it really is that simple.

Dead criminals don't clog courts and guarantee judges and prosecuting lawyers huge salaries, so if you take out a criminal, they'll just fill that criminals salary generating legal fees with yours.

That's why they give out BS sentences. A criminal in jail isn't generating legal fees. Get them back out on the street where they can commit more crimes and get back into court.

Believe me..I know that sounds like tinfoil hat talk, but it's the only damned thing that fits and makes sense. I just can't believe that judges and lawyers are really so stupid as to think what they are doing these days is actually good for society. It HAS to be about the money generation the court system brings them.
    Last edited by blacksmithden; 03-26-2015 at 10:16 PM.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    June 2013 - The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!
    May 1 2020 - Liberal un-democratic mass prohibition order in council. - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

4. The Following User Liked This Post By blacksmithden

Buster (03-28-2015)

So it seems blacksmithden.How else can one look at it?

Quote Originally Posted by Relic49 View Post
    How else can one look at it?
    Perhaps
    1) prisons are expensive and crowded. Judges may have pressure to reduce incarceration rates
    2) there's a school of thought that says prisons are not effective at changing behavior or reducing crime rates

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    Perhaps
    1) prisons are expensive and crowded. Judges may have pressure to reduce incarceration rates
    2) there's a school of thought that says prisons are not effective at changing behavior or reducing crime rates
    why are we not looking at the people who signed off on the refusal, they cannot be of sound mind. Get a psychiatrist to look at the video and circumstances behind the firebombing, then look at the report and give us an idea of the mindset and thought processes of the person who could write such a report.

"The content of this show is depressing but it is well done and thanks Brian, Ed and Ian for a great job. Was good to hear from Ian himself. I sent the link to several politicians and even to my local papers online section. People need to know of the harassment by the police on law abiding citizens defending themselves. We are not subjects we are citizens. The costs to defend ourselves is high and the Government and police know that , they hope to force us to capitulate, give up and go away defeated