Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    www.saskatoongunworks.com/ blaxsun's Avatar
    Excellent writeup! It may be advantageous at some point to include an update with respect to the .50 Beowulf magazines.
    "Before me things create were none, save things Eternal,
    and eternal I endure. All hope abandon ye who enter here."

So if you had some pistol mags from an XCR-L you could use them in your XCR-L rifle? Handy for a 3 Gun.
    Happiness is a Warm Gun

www.saskatoongunworks.com/ blaxsun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme View Post
    So if you had some pistol mags from an XCR-L you could use them in your XCR-L rifle? Handy for a 3 Gun.
    Yes.
    "Before me things create were none, save things Eternal,
    and eternal I endure. All hope abandon ye who enter here."

Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme View Post
    Very handy for 3 gun. Unfortunately, it greats a disparity on the playing field for those that still have 5 round magazines (ie the guys running a M14). Some match directors go as far as to limit everyone to 5 rounds. I can see this becoming more common as the Beowulf magazines become more popular. That or I'm going to have to switch my platform.

Thank you Ben

I hope you did not mind I just reposted you note on the Ruger forum.

Good Job!

Neetan

who has the .50 beowulf magazines id buy a bunch
    MEMBER NFA C.P.C.A AND F.Q.T
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

Very hard to find at the moment. Armtac has a pre-order going though! They're the main guys to score those from!

Update on RCMP bulletin

Quote Originally Posted by OutdoorPursuitsCanada View Post
    Good thread to have thanks JustBen. The subject has been touched on a little in some other threads but we need a dedicated thread for sure. Also - here is the link to the RCMP ruling on the matter - good to print of a copy to keep with ones records.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/b...323-72-eng.htm
    There has been an update on that bulletin:

1. Magazines designed or manufactured for both rimfire calibre rifles and handguns

Magazines designed to contain rimfire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a rifle do not have a regulated capacity. However, magazines designed to contain rimfire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a semiautomatic handgun are limited to 10 cartridges. Magazines designed or manufactured for use in both rifles and semiautomatic handguns are subject to the handgun limit of 10 cartridges.

Example:
    Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 rifle and 15-22P pistol chambered for 22LR caliber:

the 10 round magazine is unregulated
    the 25 round magazine is a prohibited device

Example 2*: The Ruger BX-25 magazine, chambered for 22 LR calibre, is designed and manufactured for use in the Ruger SR22 rifle, the 10/22 family of rifles/carbines and the 22 Charger handgun. As a result, this magazine is a prohibited device unless modified so its capacity is 10 cartridges or less. (*This information was not included in the original version of this bulletin, but was added on 2013-09-05.)

I'm guessing this applies to Buttler Creek 25/22 banana mags as well...

Having read this thread, I'm suddenly wondering about something. I have a Beretta CX-4 Storm in 9mm which comes with 10 rounds mags. The CX-4 is restricted because of barrel length. But since it's a semi-auto carbine, in my understanding it should be limited to a 5 rounds mag.

I do know the CX-4 mag fit in the Beretta FS92 and M9 9mm handguns. And I would then expect these mags to fall into this category:

2. Magazines designed or manufactured for both centrefire calibre rifles and handguns

Magazines designed to contain centrefire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a semiautomatic rifle are limited to five cartridges. However, magazines designed to contain centrefire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a semiautomatic handgun are limited to 10 cartridges. Magazines designed or manufactured for use in both semiautomatic rifles and semiautomatic handguns are subject to the limit of five cartridges.

So, what's the part I'm not getting here? Not that I'm complaining... More rounds the merrier! But it'd be nice to be able to explain it to a LEO if ever needed.

They should know whats up with the mag laws, B.S. that they are. After all they're the ones poking us up the rump with them. I doubt 90 plus percent would have a clue.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast