Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is the link related to the drum mags I was referring to, does anyone know I'f this is legit ?
    If that's true thousands of .22 drum mag owners could be breaking the law without knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Metatron View Post
    This is the link related to the drum mags I was referring to, does anyone know I'f this is legit ?
    If that's true thousands of .22 drum mag owners could be breaking the law without knowing.
    Yup.
    There's at least one thread about the 10/22 mags here somewhere.
    All of the facts as we know them are there along with our many rants about the RCMP's decision.
    Uncool indeed
    Sorry I can't link it from my phone.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Magazine Capacity Issues - What To Do

Our problem is a law that prohibits cartridge magazines for firearms, based on their capacity.

That law has but one purpose, to support a civil disarmament agenda in Canada.

That is entirely unacceptable.

Therefore, the following actions must be taken.

Section 84 (1) (d) of the Criminal Code must be repealed.

The regulation (SOR98-462) that prescribes certain cartridge magazines as prohibited devices must be amended as follows:

Part 4 Section 3 (1) through 3 (5) (c) must be repealed.
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isnít hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

5. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By CLW .45

Elbacino (06-12-2017), Malus (08-20-2016)

I have been hearing there might be some issues with the high capacity .22lr drum mags, rcmp saying it's always been illigal, though they have been on store shelves for over 9 years, does anyone know if this is true or heresy ?
    This is the new one
    http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/n...-07-27-eng.htm
    where they assert it's always been illegal, at least since 2007 when the Charger Pistol was invented.

and here's the one from 2013, aka "Bulletin 72".
    http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/b...323-72-eng.htm

Quote Originally Posted by TheHydrant View Post
    There's at least one thread about the 10/22 mags here somewhere.
    All of the facts as we know them are there
    Absolutely everything you always wanted to know about Ruger 10/22 magazine limits in Canada, but were afraid to ask ...
    http://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/show...over-10-rounds

Yep.
    Hundreds of thousands of Canadians.
    1.25 million >10 round .22LR magazines sold.
    Penalty around 10 years in prison.
    And they didn't tell anybody.

7. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By RangeBob

CLW .45 (08-20-2016), kennymo (08-20-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Thanks View Post
    In Ontario we are (in every case) expected to never have more than 3 rounds in our magazine and chamber combined. If a firearm is unable to make that physical limitation, it is not legal to hunt with. From a phone call to the MNR in Ontario
    In looking at the information given, it would seem to imply that all firearms used for hunting in Ontario are limited to the 3 round rule. This is in fact not the case, ONLY shotguns are limited to the 3 round rule, because of their limited ranges and fear that having a greater capacity would result in game being lost to wounding. Hunting rifles in Ontario follow Federal regulation which only places of 5 round capacity magazine on center-fire semi-automatics rifle ( with a few exception). All manually repeating fire can be loaded to their capacity i.e. a bolt action .303 Enfield with a 10 round magazine capacity, can be used to hunt with having 10 rounds in the magazine. The rational behind the Ontario Hunting Regulations is whatever is not prohibited is legal. Ontario when it comes to hunting only places a legal limit on the number of rounds that can be used in a shotgun.

You don't stop hunting because you grow old. You grow old because you stop hunting.
    -Gun Nut

This is correct, and is written in the Ontario MNRF hunting regulations summary: You must plug a semi-automatic or repeating shotgun so that it will not hold more than a total of three shells in the chamber and magazine combined.
    Also, it later states:
    Under the Criminal Code of Canada you cannot possess any clip/magazine that holds more than five shots for a semi* automatic centrefire non-restricted firearm unless that clip/magazine has been specifically exempted, pursuant to the
    federal regulations. Followed by a reference to the RCMP website. Furthermore, there are restrictions regarding the size of shot or slugs or rifle calibers used for various game, or for specific times or areas depending on what you're hunting.

I got a question. I know the Ruger 10/22 25 round magazine is prohibited. Are there other rimfire magazines with 20+ capacity that can work with a Ruger 10/22? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Eun Pa View Post
    I got a question. I know the Ruger 10/22 25 round magazine is prohibited. Are there other rimfire magazines with 20+ capacity that can work with a Ruger 10/22? Just wondering.
    No there isnt
    in pace, ut sapiens, aptarit idonea bello
    - In peace, like a wise man, he appropriately prepares for war

12. The Following User Liked This Post By Haywire1

Eun Pa (08-28-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Eun Pa View Post
    I believe Dlask is set to release a 10/22 receiver that uses different magazines very soon. I don't know the exact details....but it's probably not super cheap. Anything over 10 rounds that fits in the Ruger 10/22 is currently non-kosher though.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

14. The Following User Liked This Post By kennymo

Eun Pa (08-28-2017)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast