Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by killer kane View Post
    They should know whats up with the mag laws, B.S. that they are. After all they're the ones poking us up the rump with them. I doubt 90 plus percent would have a clue.
    That pretty much sums up what I think... Hence the question.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zguy View Post
    That pretty much sums up what I think... Hence the question.
    Sorry guys, but these are CFO's why should they bother to learn the applicable laws; they just make up they're own as they go along.

Cheers!

3. The Following User Liked This Post By Edenchef

Kico (07-26-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by zguy View Post
    There has been an update on that bulletin:

1. Magazines designed or manufactured for both rimfire calibre rifles and handguns

Magazines designed to contain rimfire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a rifle do not have a regulated capacity. However, magazines designed to contain rimfire cartridges and designed or manufactured for use in a semiautomatic handgun are limited to 10 cartridges. Magazines designed or manufactured for use in both rifles and semiautomatic handguns are subject to the handgun limit of 10 cartridges.

Example:
    Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 rifle and 15-22P pistol chambered for 22LR caliber:

the 10 round magazine is unregulated
    the 25 round magazine is a prohibited device

Example 2*: The Ruger BX-25 magazine, chambered for 22 LR calibre, is designed and manufactured for use in the Ruger SR22 rifle, the 10/22 family of rifles/carbines and the 22 Charger handgun. As a result, this magazine is a prohibited device unless modified so its capacity is 10 cartridges or less. (*This information was not included in the original version of this bulletin, but was added on 2013-09-05.)

I'm guessing this applies to Buttler Creek 25/22 banana mags as well...
    Ummmm wait a second here..... so now ruger 10/22 mags from butler creek are now prohibited devices??? Someone should tell cabels that so they stop selling them over the counter on sale less then a month ago.
    Is this true the butler creek mags are now prohib??
    I was under the impression that was dropped??
    Anyone have answer?

If I recall the butler creek mags are for 10/22 rifle only so they are good to go.
    They say money cant buy happiness, but it can buy guns and shooting makes me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowwarrior View Post
    If I recall the butler creek mags are for 10/22 rifle only so they are good to go.
    I am assuming then the GSG 100 round 10/22 must be under same clause then because they are selling those one also and seeing date on said restriction is 2013 and sale of said mags was in the last month.....

Either way I want to see something in witting so I can tell the so called know it alls that they are wrong but where do I find this witting from RC"s or our government??? Can anyone point me in right direction?

EDIT: OK So only the BX -25 mag is a prohib device??? Not the Butler creek or others???

^^ Edit is correct. There are two GSG drum mags as well. One has an itty bitty maple leaf on the front of the packaging. Supposedly the other one, though completely identical outside of the package is a sort of 'grey' item.... But that seems to stem from a dispute between a couple of importers, so who knows....

As for pulling items off the shelves, major retail chains react quickly to bans, it'd be disasterous to their bottom line to lose their license selling a prohibited item. If it's on the shelf, it's probably legit.
    Last edited by kennymo; 07-27-2015 at 08:10 AM.

8. The Following User Liked This Post By kennymo

Kico (07-27-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    ^^ Edit is correct. There are two GSG drum mags as well. One has a itty bitty maple leaf on the front of the packaging. Supposedly the other one, though completely identical outside of the package is a sort of 'grey' item.... But that seems to stem from a dispute between a couple of importers, so who knows....

As for pulling items off the shelves, major retail chains react quickly to bans, it'd be disasterous to their bottom line to lose their license selling a prohibited item. If it's on the shelf, it's probably legit.

Thanks for that, I was under the same impression but many people read the only part 10/22 family and assume all mags that fit a ruger 10/22 rifle.

Silly question. Is taping two mags together illegal? Ya know "Jungle Style"

Quote Originally Posted by Call-sign_ENIGMA View Post
    Silly question. Is taping two mags together illegal? Ya know "Jungle Style"
    Nope. If you browse AR accessories, sooner or later you'll see a 'mag coupler', which locks two magazines together at their base for the exact same purpose. But if you're using tape, hell, stick ten of the buggers side by side if you want....
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    Nope. If you browse AR accessories, sooner or later you'll see a 'mag coupler', which locks two magazines together at their base for the exact same purpose. But if you're using tape, hell, stick ten of the buggers side by side if you want....
    Oh okay. It's another one of those things that aren't illegal... just scares liberals.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast