Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Movie Weapon Pet Peeves

Here's a thread to talk about all the Pet Peeves concerning firearms in movies. For example, the 15 or so rounds fired by the Kevin Costner's colt in "Open Range" while he was fanning the hammer. Or maybe this one:

Was watching "Red" just now and this scene only flashes on the screen for a second but instantly something seemed wrong about it. So I went back to take another look. The scene was so fast it took me a couple tries to pause it right at the spot but let see if you all can notice what the problem is:

It doesn't look like there is a magazine attached to the AR. You can see the sling under the mag well, with a gap...
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; For you are crunchy. And good with Mustard!

"A new broom sweeps clean, but only a battle-trowel can hide the bodies" - Foxer describing Blacksmithden

CCFR, CSSA & NRA Member...
    Frontenac Rifle & Pistol Club

3. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By Coke

BlackthorneMedia (04-06-2015), Drache (03-30-2015), lone-wolf (03-30-2015), Strewth (03-31-2015)

moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    My common gripe is watching bullets leave a trail of sparks/flashes/flame when they hit anything in the area. I have shot up my fair share of cars and concrete and have yet to see anything other than dust and holes.
    cookin' up a batch of fun (and pasta)

Can I Hear A Ramen!!!

Maybe it is one of those flush-fit 5 rounders. The movie could have been shot in Canada and they wanted to comply with our gun laws. The MP5 in the background could be an airsoft for the same reasons.

6. The Following User Liked This Post By Ohno

Malus (03-31-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by FALover View Post
    My common gripe is watching bullets leave a trail of sparks/flashes/flame when they hit anything in the area. I have shot up my fair share of cars and concrete and have yet to see anything other than dust and holes.
    My personal favorite. Watching a belt fed browning shooting at normal cars and watch sparks fly as the rounds bounce off the sheet metal bodies without any damage (unless it hits a window in which case it breaks a single pane and not the one on the opposite side).

This is just the next evolution in Hollywood guns. First mags (or cylinders for that matter) that never run out except for when a dramatic pause is required. Now mags are completely done away with, it's technology.

Shotgun, rifle and a 4 wheel drive! BrotherRockeye's Avatar
    Actually, if you watch the directors cut of Open Range they did that on purpose to pay tribute to the old western where it was common. It bugged me too until I found out they did it on purpose.

The one that always bugs me is the cocked revolver with no firing pin on the hammer...

are you referring to that fellas optic being backwards?
    We're kin cuz we shoot! What we shoot, and what we shoot at, shouldn't matter!

"The worst an honest man can do is make an honest mistake" ~ Augustus McCrae
    There is no Justice...SUNRAY Lives

Shotgun, rifle and a 4 wheel drive! BrotherRockeye's Avatar
    Actually, if you watch the directors cut of Open Range they did that on purpose to pay tribute to the old western where it was common. It bugged me too until I found out they did it on purpose.

The one that always bugs me is the cocked revolver with no firing pin on the hammer...

We're kin cuz we shoot! What we shoot, and what we shoot at, shouldn't matter!

"The worst an honest man can do is make an honest mistake" ~ Augustus McCrae
    There is no Justice...SUNRAY Lives

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherRockeye View Post
    The eotech is right, but there is no mag in the rifle

couches are bullet proof. As is drywall.

Maybe it is one of those flush-fit 5 rounders. The movie could have been shot in Canada and they wanted to comply with our gun laws. The MP5 in the background could be an airsoft for the same reasons.
    Movies hire companies that have access to prohibs and what not for filming. Well budgeted ones anyways.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast