Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    Every gun movement needs to have a click.
    You draw, click.
    You point it, click.
    You point it in another direction, click.
    Someone you are pointing it at moves closer, click.
    Click, click, clickitty click!

It sounds like taking a safety off.
    Hollywood loves Glocks.

I've said enough.

Quote Originally Posted by wolver View Post
    I'd like to hear from any veterans, as to if soldiers were actually so nonchalant 'bout not doing up their helmet chinstraps while engaging in action,
    or if it's just more Hollywood BS, trying to make the men look cool.
    Saving Private Ryan... Band of brothers
    Lol

all the unnecessary pumps and clicks already mentioned but the show i cant stand is Hawaii 5-0...i had to stop watching it. Every episode, and i mean EVERY episode ends in a shootout with the bad guys armed with full auto (i even saw one episode where they had a minigun out the side of a van!) and the 5-0 armed with handguns yet NONE of the 5-0 gets hit while ALL of the bad guys get taken out! Never mind that in real life if an officer draws his gun and shoots someone it is investigated etc...also stupid details like the one guy who wears a tac vest full of shotgun slugs while he carries only a handgun etc.

Will Smith shooting with two guns with his arms pointed out directly sideways (while spinning in a circle) is pretty lame too. I used to like "shoot em up" movies but now i like those with some effort at realistic shooting techniques like Collateral or John Wick
    Win the crowd and you win your freedom

Saw John Wick Chapter 3 yesterday, and it was pretty darn enjoyable. No spoilers here if you haven't seen it yet...

I think they did a pretty decent job with the gun play; 9mm doesn't penetrate body armor, for example. Also, there was quite a lot of taking enemy guns AND mags, and discarding of guns when they run out of ammo. Shoot bad guy, take his mags, shoot bad guy, take his mags, etc.

There was one scene where John gets a shotgun, loads (there were some nice and smooth quad loads, and even one 'match saver' thrown in the melee), and chambers a round.. then exits the room and chambers another round without having taken a shot - that was the only "flaw" I saw that was irksome enough to notice.
    I don't have a firearms problem; they all work perfectly well.
    Membership: CCFR, SAFGC
    Govít couldnít make sense if you gave them a recipe.

yeah the shotgun play was my fav part of JW3..i posted some screencaps in the JW thread
    Win the crowd and you win your freedom

Quote Originally Posted by RL1 View Post
    yeah the shotgun play was my fav part of JW3..i posted some screencaps in the JW thread
    It was pretty epic. And I loved the contrast between him and the other shooter (no spoilers!). They did a great job of taking competition style moves and applying them to "real life" (HAHAHA, yeah, I know) fighting. That match saver load was my favorite.
    I don't have a firearms problem; they all work perfectly well.
    Membership: CCFR, SAFGC
    Govít couldnít make sense if you gave them a recipe.

Halloween(2018)
    Prepared 40 yrs for another encounter with Myers, room clears a house with a lever action... and not even a shorter barrel trapper model.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

Quote Originally Posted by DanN View Post
    Saw John Wick Chapter 3 yesterday, and it was pretty darn enjoyable. No spoilers here if you haven't seen it yet...

I think they did a pretty decent job with the gun play; 9mm doesn't penetrate body armor, for example. Also, there was quite a lot of taking enemy guns AND mags, and discarding of guns when they run out of ammo. Shoot bad guy, take his mags, shoot bad guy, take his mags, etc.

There was one scene where John gets a shotgun, loads (there were some nice and smooth quad loads, and even one 'match saver' thrown in the melee), and chambers a round.. then exits the room and chambers another round without having taken a shot - that was the only "flaw" I saw that was irksome enough to notice.
    Depends on the level of armour. I think his 0.223 would've went through. And even if it didn't it won't stop it a second time.

I'm no armour expert btw.

Ex-special forces op reviews "Heat" shoot out scene.

-- https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/MP5K...nly-p17239.htm

That's an HK MP5K, SP89 Trigger. - semi-only.
    • full auto
    • 3 round burst
    • single round semi auto
    • safe

I'd never seen that before. It was in BBC's "Line Of Duty" Season 5.

Although it's got 4 positions, I think from this link that only the single round semi auto and safe are functional settings. i.e. burst and full are non functioning.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415