Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drache View Post
    He followed the same rules as you and I. Sadly his vehicle was broken into. Could have happened to anyone here.
    Seriously, a ATT for a civi says to and from a approved range by the most direct route ... give or take. Show me where I can leave a restricted in my vehicle and stop for dinner for who knows how long. Seeing as there is a 99.997% chance this cop lives in or very close to Calgary I am thinking there was no real reason to stop to eat.

I quote..."Firearms must be transported by a route that, in all circumstances, is reasonably direct".

He took home a restricted to clean it, and seeing as it appears he is under suspension with pay something really doesn't add up. There is no reason to take the firearm in question home to clean it..PURE BS, that is why he is under suspension, wanna bet???

You seem to always troll my posts especially when I criticize a miscrant cop.

2. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Lee Enfield

dakaroo (04-05-2015), Swampdonkey (04-05-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Stopping for dinner is not a direct route from the range to home.
    Define the legal definition of direct route?

I take my sidearms to ranges all over BC. I have to stop to eat and get gas. I even have to stop and sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Edenchef View Post
    The fact that he had 2 loaded, prohibited magazines, changes the picture completely.

Cheers!
    The are only prohibited to you and me and even then, anyone can make a prohibited magazine with a drill. So there is no really big deal there.

Nothing in the FA states you cannot have the magazines inside the locked case as long as they aren't in the rifle itself.

I am kind of curious as to where the cop had the hard case stored when it was stolen . Was it in the trunk , out of sight , or just laying on the back seat in full view . He may have had a vehicle which did not have a trunk , but leaving a gun case in full view in your vehicle is asking for trouble.....so many questions , and so few answers . Reminds me of the cop in Manitoba who had an unauthorized 22 cal. revolver stolen from his police vehicle ; and I think there was a female police officer in Ontario who had a rifle stolen from her vehicle as well......seems to be low life thieves everywhere these days....
    " Better To Fight For Something , Than Live For Nothing " ; " When In Doubt....ATTACK ".......Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Have gun, will travel. Forbes/Hutton's Avatar
    Why was it stolen from his personal car? Doesn't he take the cruiser home to clean it too?

6. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By Forbes/Hutton

dakaroo (04-05-2015), Lee Enfield (04-05-2015), Swampdonkey (04-05-2015), tna0066 (04-08-2015)

Define the legal definition of direct route?
    That's something for you and judge to figure out.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by Forbes/Hutton View Post
    Why was it stolen from his personal car? Doesn't he take the cruiser home to clean it too?
    Maybe his not taking the cruiser home as well to clean it is why he is under suspension? OUCH!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Enfield View Post
    Seriously, a ATT for a civi says to and from a approved range by the most direct route ... give or take. Show me where I can leave a restricted in my vehicle and stop for dinner for who knows how long. Seeing as there is a 99.997% chance this cop lives in or very close to Calgary I am thinking there was no real reason to stop to eat.

I quote..."Firearms must be transported by a route that, in all circumstances, is reasonably direct".
    See the word REASONABLY in there?

That is defined as to a moderate or acceptable degree: fairly; quite.

Not immediately or anything like that, reasonable.

The Firearms Act even clearly states the steps on IF YOU ARE LEAVING A RESTRICTED FIREARM IN AN UNATTENDED VEHICLE (which by the way the officer followed (depending on the type of vehicle he was driving).

And even then an ATT is a mute point because he is an officer. Most of the FA does not apply to them.

Another fact, Officers take their firearms home all the time to clean them.

Last fact, the mags are always loaded. The mags are in the case which is generally kept in the trunk of the cruiser along with the rifle (unless the rifle is stored in the rack between the front seats.

IF the Officer stole the rifle then yes, he's an a**hole and deserves it. But so far I haven't really seen anything in the article that states he wasn't really allowed to take it home just that it wasn't advised by the Department heads.

Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    That's something for you and judge to figure out.
    I've spoken at length about this to the BC CFO.

See the word REASONABLY in there?

That is defined as to a moderate or acceptable degree: fairly; quite.

Not immediately or anything like that, reasonable.

The Firearms Act even clearly states the steps on IF YOU ARE LEAVING A RESTRICTED FIREARM IN AN UNATTENDED VEHICLE (which by the way the officer followed (depending on the type of vehicle he was driving).

And even then an ATT is a mute point because he is an officer. Most of the FA does not apply to them.

Another fact, Officers take their firearms home all the time to clean them.

Last fact, the mags are always loaded. The mags are in the case which is generally kept in the trunk of the cruiser along with the rifle (unless the rifle is stored in the rack between the front seats.
    BS cops take patrol carbines (assault rifles to us civi's) home all the time to clean!

Did the miscreant call you earlier today, just wondering as you state he had the firearm properly stored in his vehicle???

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Enfield View Post
    BS cops take patrol carbines (assault rifles to us civi's) home all the time to clean!
    Don't know about Patrol Carbines since those haven't been around that long but their sidearms, shotguns, and rifles, yes I have personally seen taken home by Officers to clean or work on in the comfort of their own home.

It is advised they are not taken home but it is not prohibited.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast