Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is the NP22 as good as a Real Sig P226??

Last edited by Satain; 04-07-2015 at 02:23 PM. Reason: You Can Embed Videos Here. We Are Not Going To Get Mad At You. LoL!!!
    Rod Giltaca, PAL Instructor
    Civil Advantage Firearms Training

Quality review. The NP22 has been on my giver a try list for a while, still haven't gotten to it... The Sig is, as you say, a little pricey for the use I'm going to get out of it. If I'm spending that much, I want a big shiny revolver.

A place to see... A place to go.... Ontary-ary-ary-ohhhh
    Hey cool!

This very subject has been on my mind lately, so talk about timely! Haha

Rod, off hand do you know of anyone that has tried the actual SIG .22lr conversion slide/barrel kit and .22 magazine on the Norinco with success? (I can't get a straight answer anywhere on that).

The Sig 226 is the handgun I think I really want, but I came back to thinking about the Norinco as a cheap interim partially because Norinco has come out with their SIG226 clone also in 7.62 Tokarev!! (Under the Dominion Arms name) and thought maybe I would get both an NP22 and their Tokarev SIG clone INSTEAD of a real SIG and still have $450 to spare! (Yeah, I like goofy things!)

Hey, there is an idea for a future vid! How about a review of the Tokarev!! version?

You can shoot the SIG and give the Tokarev to Vlad (seems fitting no?) for a side by side comparison!
    Last edited by Canada_Phil; 04-06-2015 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada_Phil View Post
    Hey cool!

This very subject has been on my mind lately, so talk about timely! Haha

Rod, off hand do you know of anyone that has tried the actual SIG .22lr conversion slide/barrel kit and .22 magazine on the Norinco with success? (I can't get a straight answer anywhere on that).
    I had asked around about the .22 conversion kit as well and the answer I get has always been "no it won't fit on the Norinco's". bummer
    I have the NP58 which is the 40 S&W version. I'm sure other than caliber it's exactly the same as the NP22. Changing the grips works wonders. If a grip is made for the SIG, it should go on the NP22 just fine. It at least helps it to feel a bit more authentic, and looks cool too.
    Sorry to see the SIG mags not working in that NP22. I have SIG mags and they work flawlessly. I guess I got lucky. As Rod said...they are all a little different.
    grip I got on Amazon. Well worth the improvement to make your cheap norinco look and feel more robust
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by TheHydrant; 04-06-2015 at 09:07 PM. Reason: photo

A place to see... A place to go.... Ontary-ary-ary-ohhhh
    Thanks...

I have seen some say no, and others claim it WILL, but after slight "modifications"... But I cant say that there is ANY proof of the latter in video form that I have been able to see.

Where the problem comes in with using the conversion kit is the NP22 sidearms are not made to the tolerances of their Sig counterparts. Like shown in the video, some things can be a little tight or a little too loose.

Quote Originally Posted by TheHydrant View Post
    I had asked around about the .22 conversion kit as well and the answer I get has always been "no it won't fit on the Norinco's". bummer
    I have the NP58 which is the 40 S&W version. I'm sure other than caliber it's exactly the same as the NP22. Changing the grips works wonders. If a grip is made for the SIG, it should go on the NP22 just fine. It at least helps it to feel a bit more authentic, and looks cool too.
    Sorry to see the SIG mags not working in that NP22. I have SIG mags and they work flawlessly. I guess I got lucky. As Rod said...they are all a little different.
    grip I got on Amazon. Well worth the improvement to make your cheap norinco look and feel more robust
    I've got an NP-58 and Sig mags don't fit it at all.

You do do a good review. (man - say that 10 times drunk.)

I'm really not even interested in the sig, and I still found it enjoyable to watch. Interesting that the norc has lower recoil, and I thought that was exactly the kind of thing reviewers should be putting up when they're doing a comparison like that and yet usually don't. It'd be neat to see more of that kind of stuff even with different handguns and rifles (as in here's how it compares to a ... )

well done Rod ,that was a very interesting comparison to see
    and I hope you do more like that
    Pro mag makes 226 mags that do work in the NP22 just fyi as well
    and I would suggest the Houge grips for sure as in Hydrants pic above
    they do make a big difference

Nice review.
    Sig Germany and Norinco China should never be mentioned in the same breath but the USA versions I do think can be due to there lack of QC in my opinion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast