Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Unlike most other Canadian parties, the NDP is integrated with its provincial and territorial parties. Membership lists are maintained by the provinces and territories. Being a member of a provincial or territorial section of the NDP includes automatic membership in the federal party. This precludes a person from supporting different parties at the federal and provincial levels. A key example of this was Buzz Hargrove's expulsion by the Ontario New Democratic Party after he backed Liberal leader Paul Martin in the 2006 federal election.
    That involves the membership, but not the party itself. And as the article points out, it's more about the voters being locked in to one party than anything else. But the parties aren't actually connected and don't really work together on any official basis. They just 'gift' a person membership in one org if they're a member of the other. Kind of line golf clubs do.

and in the past, before unions were blocked from donating it allowed unions to very easily donate to both the provincial and federal ndp with their people's money. that's kind of unique to the ndp tho.

For example - the sask ndp said they would never support bringing back a long gun registry when Mulcair brought it up. Other provincial ndp's have often gone against the fed ndp's policy and there's no discussion or issues between the two as a result.

They do share information about voters - if a bunch of ndp supporters are identified in this provincial election, the feds will get that list. But as far as policy and actually working together goes, there's no official connection. Other than as 'left wing' types, they tend to have similar ones just as right wing parties would tend to have simiilar policy.

Quote Originally Posted by harbl_the_cat View Post
    Look on the bright side, BSD, once the economy goes all Quentario - all the out of province Dippers will just migrate back to where they came from when the Starbucks they work at goes out of business.

The 2020's are going to look VERY interesting. Who knows - a provincial NDP government today just might give rise to an Alberta Separation or Alberta Firewall party tomorrow. Heaven forbid - if the Federal Tories are defeated - man, next decade is going to be wild.
    Hopefully Alberta decides to push for separation sometime soon, just remember to invite Saskatchewan, and northern BC along also.

Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    Alberta doesn’t need ‘NDP-style experiment,’ says Wildrose leader

http://globalnews.ca/news/1967042/al...ldrose-leader/

CALGARY – The leader of Alberta’s Wildrose Party used a campaign stop in Calgary to target NDP Leader Rachel Notley and the governing Progressive Conservatives.

Brian Jean says the only way to stop what he calls the PC coalition for higher taxes and the NDP is to vote Wildrose.

READ MORE: NDP’s Notley brushes off Prentice ‘fear-mongering’ over energy

RELATED

Wildrose Party Leader Danielle Smith speaks to reporters in Calgary, Alta., Thursday, Jan. 24, 2013. Change in government wouldn’t cause chaos: former Wildrose leader
    NDP leader Rachel Notley speaks to media after the leaders debate in Edmonton on Thursday April 23, 2015. Notley says moving on from Northern Gateway is realistic, not defeatist
    Douglas Channel, the proposed termination point for an oil pipeline in the Enbridge Northern Gateway Project, is pictured in an aerial view in Kitimat on January 10, 2012. Prentice says voters deserve clarity from the NDP on pipelines
    He says he’s been to all corners of the province and has come to the conclusion that the PC’s four-decade reign in Alberta will end in the vote next Tuesday.

Jean says the Tories have lost touch with the needs of voters and the NDP wants higher taxes on families and higher taxes on businesses.

He says only Wildrose stands between the NDP and its plans for the Alberta economy.

Jean says his party has roared back to life after being left for dead when nine members included leader Danielle Smith crossed the floor to the Tories late last year.
    CSSA

Alberta doesn’t need ‘NDP-style experiment,’ says Wildrose leader
    Gosh i'm startled.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Oh God....I lived in Ontario during the Bob Rae years. Please, God, PLEASE, enough already. Not again.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
    I still can't believe Smith was stupid enough to jump ship, I think she would have been the premier this time. At least it shows what she is made of before she had any power.
    No doubt Smith regrets her decision now ; her head is probably getting pretty sore by now from banging it against the wall for making such a poor choice.......
    " Better To Fight For Something , Than Live For Nothing " ; " When In Doubt....ATTACK ".......Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunexpert007 View Post
    No doubt Smith regrets her decision now ; her head is probably getting pretty sore by now from banging it against the wall for making such a poor choice.......
    I don't know - in many respects I don't think the PC would be doing this bad or the WR doing this good if she hadn't left. It's the anger over that that really sent voters over the top i suspect. If she stayed would people have felt AS outraged?

I honestly don't know who I'm going to vote for this time, except I know it won't be PC. Those provincial smug self entitled basturds need a good ass whupping. I guess it'll be WR.

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Oh man. This one is like "election salad". Everything and everybody are all over the ice. There hasn't been an election in my life that I haven't at least had an opinion of who was going to win. I wasn't always right, but at least I had an idea of where it was going to go. This one....forget it. I think the public is going to do exactly what the did last time. The last 2 days before the vote are going to decide this one.

I'm going to go with my gut...and it's only a gut feeling, and nothing more. Wild Rose with a strong minority. PCs are the official opposition. NDP takes a sudden and unexpected hard hit to the numbers.

Foxer....what's your gut telling you ?
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

I'm calling for an NDP majority - just to keep things interesting.

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast