Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Well 7 1/2 hours into the search. The hit almost knock it off its feet. It jumped up biting at its shoulder. Dove straight down into a ravine and from there on it is anybody's guess. The last ditch effort is looking in the swamp. Hip waders time. My grid search has covered an area 1/2 km wide by 1 km long. Both under trees and up in trees. Tired. I'll be picking rose bush thorns out of my hide for weeks.
    Due to the height of the bear and it's size I judge it a 5 year old. back at it.
    Moose graveyard is one with more than 3 skulls and a pile of bones. No road within 150 yards of this site.
    Balls of steel or nuts!!
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    There is no place in an anti's head where reason can enter. from a Napoleon saying with a tweak.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because thatís the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Quote Originally Posted by tigrr View Post
    Moose graveyard is one with more than 3 skulls and a pile of bones. No road within 150 yards of this site.
    Weird.

So, a black bear took a 500gr slug and kept trucking?
    Well... I'll have on my mind deer hunting next year when I find bear crap.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

Wishing you good hunting, tiggr!
    Reallly hope it's not in the swamp though.
    CSSA CCFR

Well 7 1/2 hours into the search. The hit almost knock it off its feet. It jumped up biting at its shoulder. Dove straight down into a ravine and from there on it is anybody's guess. The last ditch effort is looking in the swamp. Hip waders time. My grid search has covered an area 1/2 km wide by 1 km long. Both under trees and up in trees. Tired. I'll be picking rose bush thorns out of my hide for weeks.
    Due to the height of the bear and it's size I judge it a 5 year old. back at it.
    Balls of steel or nuts!!
    Well bud I do truly respect your dedication to trying to find the animal. Good on ya.

"..3 skulls and a pile of bones.."

The vegetation at food cache sites has been described as open old growth conifer or mixed-wood stands dominated by conifers in northeastern British Columbia, offering good visibility of the surrounding stand
    Several knowledge holders noted that wolverines will cache food Ė returning periodically to check on the cache and/or add more food
    They are often seen feeding on antlers, bones and skulls
    Don't forget to look up.

SPECIES STATUS REPORT: Wolverine

Sleep well...

Quote Originally Posted by Zinilin View Post
    "..3 skulls and a pile of bones.."

Don't forget to look up.

SPECIES STATUS REPORT: Wolverine

Sleep well...
    Saw a wolverine get into it with a pack of wolves once over a kill. Did not go well for the wolves.

It is not in the swamp either. Frustrated. I have looked up in the trees as well as under them. 12 hours in and I'm done. I must have missed the vitals or something. Searched almost a square kilometer.
    On a side note 1 person in 100000 see's a wolverine. I have seen 4 cougars in the wild.
    There is no place in an anti's head where reason can enter. from a Napoleon saying with a tweak.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because thatís the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

Oh 1 other thing. I mentioned calling someone with dogs to track it and a sow with cubs wandered through so that's out. Whisky to sleep tonight. Back out looking for freezer filler.

It is not in the swamp either. Frustrated. I have looked up in the trees as well as under them. 12 hours in and I'm done. I must have missed the vitals or something. Searched almost a square kilometer.
    On a side note 1 person in 100000 see's a wolverine. I have seen 4 cougars in the wild.
    That can't be a real stat, is it? I haven't actually seen a cougar yet, but i've been pretty hot on the trail of a few

Ive seen three Wolverine in the wild. One facing off against a Grizzly. Guess who back away from that fight.

11. The Following User Liked This Post By Drache

Rory McCanuck (05-09-2015)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast