Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 3MTA3 View Post
    At the beginning of the June 9 hearing- it almost sounded like there is a Senator Payette who is a SASS shooter???
    Woah there cowboy! The same Senator Payette that just introduced a bill to ban firearms? I bet her SASS alias would be "Backstabbing Liberal Bi__h". Somehow, I don't think she would feel comfortable around honest western folks with guns at a SASS match.

Cheers!

A place to see... A place to go.... Ontary-ary-ary-ohhhh
    Quote Originally Posted by dakaroo View Post
    Is this what your referring to?
    Well, her face was apparently that red during her testimony.

I imagine that when things don't go her way, she probably cries herself to sleep after downing a bucket of ice cream.
    Last edited by Canada_Phil; 06-12-2015 at 10:00 AM.

"So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

Quote Originally Posted by Edenchef View Post
    Woah there cowboy! The same Senator Payette that just introduced a bill to ban firearms? I bet her SASS alias would be "Backstabbing Liberal Bi__h". Somehow, I don't think she would feel comfortable around honest western folks with guns at a SASS match.

Cheers!
    I was hoping someone else would chime in to identify the correct Senator- my hearing is not all that great. On the other hand I wouldn't be that surprised if Payette was an ATC holder.
    "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_M View Post
    The "ParlVu" system on the fed site does not archive, only live streams. CPAC archives but they didn't carry the June 11th (Wendy testimony) committee meeting. That doesn't necessarily mean CPAC won't have an archive copy, but as of this morning nothing from the 11th is posted. This is the URL to check for archival footage: http://www.cpac.ca/en/digital-archives/
    I don't know how long ParlVu archives, but Wendy's and Heidi's testimony is there today.
    go to
    http://senparlvu.parl.gc.ca/Guide.as...70&Language=E#
    and click on "English Video 500 Kbps - Public".
    (Windows Media Player etc)

Quote Originally Posted by RangeBob View Post
    I don't know how long ParlVu archives, but Wendy's and Heidi's testimony is there today.
    go to
    http://senparlvu.parl.gc.ca/Guide.as...70&Language=E#
    and click on "English Video 500 Kbps - Public".
    (Windows Media Player etc)
    I did and the resulting asx file was only 183 bytes and wouldn't play (Windows Media Player, VLC etc). That's when I went to the help section and saw that it said they don't archive, just live stream.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Liberate Hong Kong, revolution of our times [#uc# you CCP!]

I did and the resulting asx file was only 183 bytes and wouldn't play (Windows Media Player, VLC etc). That's when I went to the help section and saw that it said they don't archive, just live stream.
    I think you're trying to download a video file. There is no video file there to download
    They stream only. But the stream is still there, archived. It's no longer a live stream, it's an archived stream.
    If you open that 183 byte .wmv file in notepad you'll see it refers to a mms stream (Multimedia Messaging Service).
    There is software that will let you convert the streams (one video stream, one audio stream) to a file, but I haven't got such.

In any event, clicking on "English Video 500 Kbps - Public" works for me, today.
    That is, it works from Internet Explorer, which opens Windows Media Player and plays it successfully.
    It doesn't work from Firefox, which tries to open Windows Media Player but fails.

Yeah, I know RB. But it won't stream for me today. Yesterday when it was live it downloaded on me but I could open that file in Windows Media Player and the stream played (live). Today no joy. Of course this is my trade group and there are lots of...um...low quality employees in said trade group so it is no surprise that they are using a crappy Microsoft "solution" that has severe compatibility issues.

Liberate Hong Kong, revolution of our times [#uc# you CCP!]

Same for me, no joy.
    Don't blame me, I didn't vote for 'em.

'Never trust anyone who says you can't legally own something because they don't like it'. - Me

It does work with VLC for me, but not Win media player.

With VLC, it takes upwards of a minute to start playing, then it's dead air until about 4:20 in.
    "I don't have a firearms problem; they all work perfectly well." - Strike that. I do have a problem; the gov't has decided some are too dangerous to own.
    Membership: CCFR, SAFGC
    Gov’t couldn’t make sense if you gave them a recipe.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast