Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast
    I would expect that the ATT course will morph into the club level safety course. I don't really have a problem with that.
    "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

Quote Originally Posted by Canada_Phil View Post
    I have actually had a conversation on this with a well known CFSC instructor in my area who also happens to be a range officer at a well known club and also official at international competitions.

He told me many clubs are actually extremely uneasy with this change and many have not even yet figured out how they are going to deal with the potential problems associated with it.

I wont say the actual main club in question, but its Board HATES the new ATT provision!
    Why do they hate it? Was the reasoning that it may no longer be necessary for someone to have a club membership, thus they may lose potential revenues?

Always against the grain Booletsnotreactwell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    You need to check your facts.
    What is there too check? Am I missing something because both clubs I've belonged to had a $200 safety "entry" course which was verbatim rehash of your RPAL, then they have their own requirements, some clubs it's 10-12 supervised shoots with .22LR pistols and some go as far as having you qualify for each main caliber.

Ontario is unique in regards to how the club needs to apply for your LTATT, so yes they do hang it over your head. If your not happy with it, you can't exactly go somewhere else, you'll have to go through the ringer somewhere. Other provinces, individuals apply for it themselves and plenty of ranges allow members to sign up and simply attend a range orientation, which lasts at most an hour instead of the full day course most Ontario ranges put you through.

I have heard this before too, booletsnotreactwell. Sometimes, the clubs can be our worst enemies...

Quote Originally Posted by Booletsnotreactwell View Post
    What is there too check? Am I missing something because both clubs I've belonged to had a $200 safety "entry" course which was verbatim rehash of your RPAL.
    Never heard of a Club charging for their ATT course. Care to out who is doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzed View Post
    Never heard of a Club charging for their ATT course. Care to out who is doing this?
    You'd have more luck pointing out an Ontario club that doesn't.

7. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By TheCenturion

Booletsnotreactwell (06-18-2015), Canada_Phil (06-18-2015)

A place to see... A place to go.... Ontary-ary-ary-ohhhh
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    Why do they hate it? Was the reasoning that it may no longer be necessary for someone to have a club membership, thus they may lose potential revenues?
    Its a club with SECURITY Card access for one.

And ALL current "new" club members require a mandatory probationary period as well as passing several probationary shoots to PROVE competence. And it doesn't matter WHO you are. Even cop's and military go through the probationary safety training and shoots.

NO exceptions.... Seriously!

Oh... And new members also need to be accepted by a majority of members at next monthly Club meeting!

This is the REALITY in My part of Ontario.
    Last edited by Canada_Phil; 06-18-2015 at 10:05 AM.

Its a club with SECURITY Card access for one.

And ALL current "new" club members require a mandatory probationary period as well as passing several probationary shoots to PROVE competence. And it doesn't matter WHO you are. Even cop's and military go through the probationary safety training and shoots.

NO exceptions.... Seriously!

Oh... And new members also need to be accepted by a majority of members at next monthly Club meeting!

This is the REALITY in My part of Ontario.
    Well that's psychotic and all, but i'm not sure if it clears up the question of why they don't like the new regs?

A place to see... A place to go.... Ontary-ary-ary-ohhhh
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    Well that's psychotic and all, but i'm not sure if it clears up the question of why they don't like the new regs?
    I thought its clear...

They Don't want wannabee thugs from the GTA thinking that they can just zip up Hwy 400 in their low-rider Ricer's with 22" spinner rims, and just saunter right in.

Yeah... I meant to say it that way.

11. The Following User Liked This Post By Canada_Phil

Rory McCanuck (06-18-2015)

I thought its clear...

They Don't want wannabee thugs from the GTA thinking that they can just zip up Hwy 400 in their low-rider Ricer's with 22" spinner rims, and just saunter right in.

Yeah... I meant to say it that way.
    Not sure how that changes.

BC(42): "Want to join up? Pay up, do this course, do these probationary shoots, then we'll give you your key card and get you an ATT."
    AC(42): "Want to join up? Pay up, do this course, do these probationary shoots, then we'll give you your key card."