Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Booletsnotreactwell View Post
    What is there too check? Am I missing something because both clubs I've belonged to had a $200 safety "entry" course which was verbatim rehash of your RPAL, then they have their own requirements, some clubs it's 10-12 supervised shoots with .22LR pistols and some go as far as having you qualify for each main caliber.

Ontario is unique in regards to how the club needs to apply for your LTATT, so yes they do hang it over your head. If your not happy with it, you can't exactly go somewhere else, you'll have to go through the ringer somewhere. Other provinces, individuals apply for it themselves and plenty of ranges allow members to sign up and simply attend a range orientation, which lasts at most an hour instead of the full day course most Ontario ranges put you through.
    That's a shame, but it's a problem with the clubs. You can't blame the CFO for that. It's certainly not how our club operates. We don't have an "LTATT course" (ugh, I can't stand it when people use LT and ST to describe an ATT). There is a range safety course. When you join the club, you do the safety course. You get to shoot a few rounds out of some club-owned handguns. You prove that you're competent. You get your membership. They submit the ATT application for you. Done. The "course" is part of the new member indoctrination. There is no additional fee. Every member goes through it when they first join. If they don't have an RPAL at the time, and they later obtain one, there is no requirement for an additional course. You just submit the application for an ATT through the club.

It seem many people don't understand what an ATT is or how ranges and clubs operate. An ATT doesn't give you permission to go to just any range and shoot your restricted firearms as you please. It simple means you're allowed transport your firearms between approved locations. If a range is club-owned and/or operated, you need permission from that club to shoot there. An ATT isn't a shoot-at-any-range card.

Is there something in the water in Ontario? I've never had a club tell me I couldn't shoot there! Pay the fee...go shoot. That's how it works.
    Know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin command here.

3. The Following User Liked This Post By Edward Teach

Gaidheal (06-19-2015)

I imagine that how it works if it's a public range. The three ranges I shoot at are not public. They are privately-owned and club-operated.

Quote Originally Posted by awndray View Post
    "LTATT course" (ugh, I can't stand it when people use LT and ST to describe an ATT).
    If transport conditions become written on RPAL Conditions,
    and remaining STATT things become ATTs,
    I wonder what forum users will start calling RPAL Conditions.

"Conditions authorizing transport" CATs ?

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Teach View Post
    Is there something in the water in Ontario? I've never had a club tell me I couldn't shoot there! Pay the fee...go shoot. That's how it works.
    Doesn't fly at many of the clubs here in Manitoba that I've seen either. Some will allow you as a guest for a small fee, accompanied by a member. But there's only one pay to play range in Winnipeg and the surrounding areas that I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    Doesn't fly at many of the clubs here in Manitoba that I've seen either. Some will allow you as a guest for a small fee, accompanied by a member. But there's only one pay to play range in Winnipeg and the surrounding areas that I've seen.
    But even as a guest of a club member I still don't need a second "mother may I?" from the CFO. I can just go.
    Know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin command here.

I guess in BC we've always had it better eh 😉

I feel sorry for you guys in Ontario. Well, like you said it appears the rule change will change that part of (elitism) for the better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OEM View Post
    I guess in BC we've always had it better eh ��

I feel sorry for you guys in Ontario. Well, like you said it appears the rule change will change that part of (elitism) for the better.

Well - we can still shoot in the woods. Which is where I do most of my shooting to be honest. I prefer it. So - perhaps that's the difference, if we don't NEED a range membership to go shooting, then the ranges have to be careful of their rules not to wind up with no shooters.

We'd still need a range membership to go shoot our restricteds though. I wish for the day we can shoot those in the woods!

Quote Originally Posted by OEM View Post
    We'd still need a range membership to go shoot our restricteds though. I wish for the day we can shoot those in the woods!

Yeah well - not anymore

As to shooting in the woods - yeah, that'd be nice. Still - one step at a time.