Need affordable yet DEPENDABLE lasers

'Bought 3 el-cheap-o lasers (like 15-20 bucks each) off eBay. You get what you pay for. My Bushnell red dot stays on bullseye, and after about 5 shots my laser is pointing 5ft up the back wall while red dot is still on target. So, I need something that is dependable to stay zeroed.

I have 2 handguns (9mm, 40S&W) and one 40S&W carbine that I'd like to put lasers on.

Can anyone suggest some that are preferably in the $100 range? And if possible, where to buy?
    Last edited by DethMyst; 05-23-2015 at 07:17 PM.

I ordered these 2 from Al Flaherty's (alflahertys.com) - hopefully they're rugged.

1x UTG Sub-Compact Red Laser, Solid & Strobe Mode #SCP-LS200
    1x NcStar Green Laser & 35 Lumen Flashlight Combo #AQPTFLG

^^ for my Jericho 941 and JR Carbine.

It's out of stock right now but when it's in I figured I might as well get the Sig laser for my P226: http://www.alflahertys.com/collectio...r-red-cpl-rm-r

It'll be interesting to see how they do for you. I haven't played with lasers much but i thought about getting something 'affordable' for playing around with. Let us know how they do after you get them to the range.

Laserlyte was the brand I was going to try for rifles.
    If I wanted one for a pistol, I'd get one of the streamlight light/laser combo.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

Aptet aut mori

They came in today. The windage/elevation adjustments are exactly the same as the el-cheap-o lasers I had before, in which you simply dial a screw on the side and bottom to move the laser left/right or up/down. So I can't see either of these $90 lasers holding zero any better than the cheap ones. They're all Chinese trash anyway.

Oh, and this: http://www.alflahertys.com/collectio...-combo-aqptflg

Is NOT as advertised. I thought 'combo' meant it had both. It kind of does.. it COMES with both a light and laser, but only one can be screwed on to the unit at a time. From the picture on the web site I figured it was a laser coming straight from the unit, with a flashlight on the side. Nope. I'm not even sure why one would want one or the other. It's like you hear someone bashing at your back window at 3am. You run and get your rifle and turn on the flashlight and see an intruder. Then you have to yell at him "WAIT while I unscrew the light and put on my laser!". So you unscrew the light, screw on the laser attachment, then realize you can't see him any more because it's dark without the light screwed on. WTF. I imagine people that wanted a laser would buy JUST a laser, and people who want a light would be JUST the light. Not, "I'll buy this gizmo and by the time it arrives I'll have decided whether I want the light or the laser". And people who want a 'combo' would buy a combo. This isn't a combo. Combination usually suggests 2-in-1.

Oh, and on their website it states:
    You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
    So I paid $15 to have a mis-advertised item shipped to me, and I'm the one out 15 bucks because it's advertised as a laser/flashlight combo.

After having spent THOUSANDS with this store in the last 4 months, a little thing like 15 bucks is enough to make me go back to Wanstalls online. GRRR! (Sorry for venting)
    Last edited by DethMyst; 05-26-2015 at 04:39 PM.

^^ Does it come with two mounts so you can clamp both onto a firearm with multiple rails?

*Nevermind, I followed the link. It does say this:
    Shooter can quickly swap between the Flashligh or Green Laser bezel
    It is a fair description of the device, I'm going to have to side with Flahrety's on this one, sorry bud...

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    ^^ Does it come with two mounts so you can clamp both onto a firearm with multiple rails?

*Nevermind, I followed the link. It does say this: It is a fair description of the device, I'm going to have to side with Flahrety's on this one, sorry bud...
    By "swap between" I thought it was on some kind of an arm that comes out, or you could rotate it somehow to switch between them, etc.. 'Thought it meant both were mounted at the same time. It just has 2 separate attachments, so unless you're carrying around one in your pocket, you've only got 1 of them actually on the gun. So if the laser stays zeroed after a session at the range, I'll keep that and toss the flashlight in the garbage 'Buy a flashlight mount for 15 bucks off ebay and a $5 flashlight. (probably what I should have done first, although I thought this was a combination flashlight/laser - meaning both mounted on the gun). Anyway...

The other laser I have mounted on my Jericho 941 (40S&W). If neither hold zero I'll be returning both, although I only have 10 days to do so (hopefully that means business days!). The windage/elevation adjustments on both are the same as my el-cheap-o lasers, and neither of them held zero after 5 shots. They were 5 feet from zero after 10-20 shots.

Well it looks like the Ncstar laser holds zero. At least on my JR Carbine (not as much stress on the laser as if I was shooting it out of a handgun though). I put about 50 rounds through it last night.

I can't tel if the UTG is holding zero or not - I had it hooked up to my Jericho 941 which shoots ALL OVER the place. Probably with the barrel I think. I had the laser on bullseye and even if the laser was off, it should have shot a group somewhere on the paper. Nope.. it was all over the place. In the black, top right of paper, bottom center, center but far left, etc. I'm going to try and search for a place to buy a new barrel for it, then try again. Next time at the range I'll attach it to my P226 9mm and see if it groups properly. (stupid me brought the allen wrench for adjusting elevation/windage on the laser, but not the allen wrench required for removing the entire laser from the picatinny rail, or I would have swapped it over to the other gun last night while I was still at the range)