Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Lets be clear about this. Yes you can buy restricted without club. However no ATT to shoot as pay as you go! So gun stays at home till you get membership and till the club applies and receives your ATT.

On a side note, is Cole (cold?) creek still open as a public range or did they close that down. I went there with my revolver etc. back in the late 80's?
    Support our troops.
    If you can't stand behind them, stand in front of them

Is there any clubs that will allow people who have an ATT from another club to come in by their self and shoot. My club only allows .223 frangible and nothing higher, looking for somewhere preferably outside. I love my range but $30 for 20 rounds of frangible can drain the pocketbooks really fast and the refit to the range is still down the road a bit.

I feel bad for you guys in the city. As much as I miss Toronto every time I read of things like this I'm glad I'm on the east coast and belong to an outdoor range where you can shoot anything from 9mm to .50 BMG.

My big issue is I've been trying to find a place to go where I can shoot my Mosin at longer range, but every single range that's within an hour drive of me is members-only, most of them are indoor pistol-only, and they all command a $400 --> $700 per year membership fee.

There is a range out west a bit that I went to a month or two ago that wasn't too bad, cheap yearly fee ($125 year) but you still paid small amounts each time you went, and that was about 2 hours away from me. I haven't been to Silverdale, but I would really like to check it out, at some point... They definitely seemed to have the best facilities for the best price, but they're also about 2 hours away.

Maybe I'm just not used to this, yet, haha, is 1 - 2 hours drive to a good range something a lot of people do? What is your guy's drive time to your range?

about 15 minutes for one, 5 minuts for the other
    in pace, ut sapiens, aptarit idonea bello
    - In peace, like a wise man, he appropriately prepares for war

Owner - Tundra Supply jonanddad's Avatar
    Yea the good outdoor ranges are about 1 hour to 1 hour and 30 min away, The 2 indoor ones are around 20-30 min away( only been to the indoor ones afew times)
    Owner - Tundra Supply

Honky Tonk Outlaw BuckingFastard's Avatar
    Pretty soon It'll be 5-10 minute drive to rdsc other then that I've been to one indoor range. For the most part I just go east or west of town where I can shoot for miles (non-res of course). When I lived in whitecourt 50cal and friends used to come there for quarterly shoots, great range only down side was 100m max distance other then that great set up for pistols and AR's
    "Are you sure Hank done it this way"

Quote Originally Posted by BigI View Post
    Lets be clear about this. Yes you can buy restricted without club. However no ATT to shoot as pay as you go! So gun stays at home till you get membership and till the club applies and receives your ATT.
    Yes, you can get a restricted without a club membership. Just tell them which one you intend to join. I did this about a month and a half ago. You can get an ATT to go shoot "pay as you go", problem is it's only for one visit and someone from the club has to fax the CFO a letter of invitation.

Quote Originally Posted by heavy_e View Post
    Is there any clubs that will allow people who have an ATT from another club to come in by their self and shoot. My club only allows .223 frangible and nothing higher, looking for somewhere preferably outside. I love my range but $30 for 20 rounds of frangible can drain the pocketbooks really fast and the refit to the range is still down the road a bit.
    Yes there are. Read over your ATT, should say something about all sanctioned ranges by the CFO. It will be pay as you go though. Either by the hour or day pass depending on location. Basically find a range within a distance that you are comfortable with and give them a call to see their rates and times. I know Colby in Waterloo is something like 11$ an hour and only restriction on Ammo is not steel. Thing is it's an indoor range so, as you said you wanted out door, look around and make some calls. If you're using your own guns, you can supply your own ammo typically.

Quote Originally Posted by Garetsu View Post
    My big issue is I've been trying to find a place to go where I can shoot my Mosin at longer range, but every single range that's within an hour drive of me is members-only, most of them are indoor pistol-only, and they all command a $400 --> $700 per year membership fee.

There is a range out west a bit that I went to a month or two ago that wasn't too bad, cheap yearly fee ($125 year) but you still paid small amounts each time you went, and that was about 2 hours away from me. I haven't been to Silverdale, but I would really like to check it out, at some point... They definitely seemed to have the best facilities for the best price, but they're also about 2 hours away.

Maybe I'm just not used to this, yet, haha, is 1 - 2 hours drive to a good range something a lot of people do? What is your guy's drive time to your range?
    10 to 15 mins by car, but that's cause it's an indoor range. Out door would be closer to 30 mins ish. The drive time for you might also be because you're in the GTA...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast