Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Pay as you go gun ranges in southern Ontario??

Going to be purchasing a handgun soon, but I don't have enough money to buy a membership at the moment. Are there any ranges that you can just pay at the door to shoot for a day? I live in southern Ontario. Thanks in advance!

You will have a hard time with that as you need to be a member of a club to get a long term authorization to transport.

The club applies for you after joining and passing their safety course.

Without being a member or posessing an att you will likely not be allowed to shoot any restricteds.

My club Silverdale does have day passes but the issues above will come up.

Target sports is another option but they are expensive as hell.

With the day pass costs you are saving quite a bit purchasing a membership.

SILVERDALE IS ONLY 240 PER YEAR.
    You may not like guns, and choose not to own one. That is your right. You may not believe in God. That is your choice. However, if someone breaks into your home, the first 2 things you are gonna do are 1) Call someone with a gun, and 2) Pray that they arrive quick enough to save you.

240 is actually affordable! For some reason I thought memberships were a lot more. Thank you very much, I will look into getting a membership there.

Will I not be able to purchase a handgun without having a membership to a club? Ive heard some people say you can and some say you cant.

Stupid, stupid rat creatures! Skeetgunner's Avatar
    You can always purchase a handgun before joining a club. In fact its mandatory you have a restricted before applying for an ATT. Just tell the CFO you are in the process of joining range XYZ.

You can but they ask what club you belong to in the transfer process.

The typical way of going about it is to say that you are in the proxess or plan to join so and so club.

Your problem will be that I have heard Silverdale is at capacity and not accepting new members.
    You may not like guns, and choose not to own one. That is your right. You may not believe in God. That is your choice. However, if someone breaks into your home, the first 2 things you are gonna do are 1) Call someone with a gun, and 2) Pray that they arrive quick enough to save you.

Skeetgunner your slackin!

No plug for Range Burlington?

That is another option for you Cruiser. Nice facilities but often lengthly joining process. Great if yourjust into handguns though. Prolly closer to ya as well.

Yea I looked up silverdale, it is a bit too far from my house to be convient anyways. I will have to look else where. Thanks for the info gentlemen.

Stupid, stupid rat creatures! Skeetgunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mlehto View Post
    Skeetgunner your slackin!

No plug for Range Burlington?

Hey, its summer....I'm on vacation.

what is this vacation you speak of and why are you on it?

Welcome to GOC, Site for honest, hardworking Canadians, that own firearms.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast