Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Breakin out the bow

Its summer soon, and that means.... well, yes, going to the outdoor range. But also breakin out the bow. Which I dont do enough. Ordered a new bowstring and carbon arrows. 50lb greatree recurve. im into instinctive shooting. who else is breaking out the bows this season? pictures to make this thread better will come soon. post yours if you are a robin hood
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Darton has been feeling pretty neglected with the new addition to the family taking up most of my spare time this past year. Hoping I have a little time for it this fall, I'd like to whack something bigger than a coyote with it one of these days. Buddy got an elk with his last year and has been rubbing my nose in it since.... I saved up my brownie points for one goose shoot and a three day rifle deer hunt, limitations should be less this year, but I've got a week long moose hunt on the go already for September - October.....

I have a Bowtech Equalizer. I took it out a few weeks ago for the first time in probably 6+ years. I forgot how satisfying the thwack of an arrow hitting the bag target is. I was only shooting around 25m or so, and using a single crappy arrow. After so long I wasn't willing to risk using my good arrows until I got the feel for it again. I really should start bringing it out with me and shooting it regularly. Hell of a lot cheaper than buying ammunition.

The woman would also like to get herself a recurve as she's recently taken to archery. Anyone know if a foam Block target is suitable for recurve arrows? I have a bag but it's getting pretty worn out. I'd like to get a Block but I want a target we can both use.
    I'd rather make a difference than a dollar.

The woman would also like to get herself a recurve as she's recently taken to archery. Anyone know if a foam Block target is suitable for recurve arrows? I have a bag but it's getting pretty worn out. I'd like to get a Block but I want a target we can both use.
    I haven't heard of a reason why they wouldn't be suitable...I have one made of the layered foam sheets from Cabela's. A miniature version of what is at the far end of my local archery range, and those get all sorts of action from all sorts of bows, even traditionalists shooting feather fletched wood arrows...

Good to know. Thanks!
    I'd rather make a difference than a dollar.

Lol i just use a big box stuffed with old blankets and rags. No way im payin $100+ for a sack with the same sh!t in it
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Two bales of straw thick is the perfect recurve target. And it's cheap!

I havnt shot yet this season. Im waiting for a new string to come in. Im itching to fire a couple into the fence and side of the house again.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Actually, I've seen a couple targets built from strips of cardboard about 6" wide sandwiched between a couple of two by fours. They were tensioned up with a couple of threaded rods at the ends, loosen them off and replace the cardboard once it's shot to heck. They were built to give about a 36"x36" target area, with a little overhang of the 2x4's to allow the rods to be mounted on the outside edge of the target. Legs built to whatever size necessary. I'll probably attempt one once I have some more outdoor space in my life.

More outdoor space... Hell im doin this in my back yard in the city. Neighbors dont care. They were archerers in their prime days too. They come out and watch sometimes. But id love to get out to more than 60 feet sometime lol. And also where i dont have to worry about using the house as a backstop so i dont accidentally take out a window down the street
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast