Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

11 Minutes Episode 3

Rod Giltaca, PAL Instructor
    Civil Advantage Firearms Training

Good grief.... Poor ontario

That's pretty shocking. SOME - SOME intelligent people MIGHT just decide that if the sex education curriculum was developed by a known pedophile who'd ADMITTED TO ABUSING HIS OWN CHILDREN since they were 10... SOME might say that it would be wise to put that one on the shelf and start again from scratch with a more non-pedophile oriented group.

But no kathy - she's doubling down. She not only is going full steam ahead, she's letting them distribute pamphlets to kids on how to safely eat poo and whip people. I'll give her this - she's a 'go big or go home' kinda girl.

I mean seriously - this should be BEYOND shocking. Parents are clearly in an uproar and she just doesn't care what anyone thinks. Screw them (literally) and their opinion as parents.

Man, i hope some of those parents are ones who voted for her and realize the scope of what they've done putting her back in power.

Haven't watched the video yet (I will) but Wynne and her supporters have been successful in marginalizing the opposition to this program by both saying they are anti-gay and saying they are anti-sex ed (rather than anti-this specific sex ed curriculum). I think many parents are too lazy to find out for themselves and so they hear on the news that some anti-sex ed parents are protesting and they buy it hook line and sinker.
    Liberate Hong Kong, revolution of our times [#uc# you CCP!]

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_M View Post
    Haven't watched the video yet (I will) but Wynne and her supporters have been successful in marginalizing the opposition to this program by both saying they are anti-gay and saying they are anti-sex ed (rather than anti-this specific sex ed curriculum). I think many parents are too lazy to find out for themselves and so they hear on the news that some anti-sex ed parents are protesting and they buy it hook line and sinker.
    That's the part that I think pisses me off the most. People don't like the curriculum so Kathleen pulls her lesbian card and says they're anti-gay. I am so sick of her sh*t.
    Go Pig or Go Home

Quote Originally Posted by Kane63 View Post
    That's the part that I think pisses me off the most. People don't like the curriculum so Kathleen pulls her lesbian card and says they're anti-gay. I am so sick of her sh*t.
    Yup. Been following this on therebel.media and it would seem to me that the parents protesting don't like the age at which much of this is introduced, not the content itself. Although there is also some objectionable (to some, definitely me) content. 6 genders!? Sorry, there are only 2. Teach tolerance, sure. I expect that and I teach my child tolerance too. But c'mon, 6 genders!?

Yup. Been following this on therebel.media and it would seem to me that the parents protesting don't like the age at which much of this is introduced, not the content itself. Although there is also some objectionable (to some, definitely me) content. 6 genders!? Sorry, there are only 2. Teach tolerance, sure. I expect that and I teach my child tolerance too. But c'mon, 6 genders!?
    Exactly. I'm fine with teaching them the basics or that some people are different and that's okay (tolerance) but how in the hell can you expect a child to understand what something like gender confusion is? They are going to create more gender issues than would occur organically. Of course, any criticism is homophobic which in itself is ironic since they are trying to teach tolerance as well.
    Go Pig or Go Home

Well, remember that 'gender' is not the same as 'sex'. There are really only 2 sexes (three iif you count hermaphrodites), but gender is different. Although i'd argue that even trying to 'classify' people one way or another into catagories is probably wrong - it's more like a spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Kane63 View Post
    Exactly. I'm fine with teaching them the basics or that some people are different and that's okay (tolerance) but how in the hell can you expect a child to understand what something like gender confusion is? They are going to create more gender issues than would occur organically. Of course, any criticism is homophobic which in itself is ironic since they are trying to teach tolerance as well.
    Yes, it's a complex issue and trying to force feed it to children is really wrong. Nobody's saying there's anything WRONG with advanced physics, but 8 years old is probably too soon to expect people to really grasp it

10. The Following User Liked This Post By Foxer

Kane63 (06-19-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    Well, remember that 'gender' is not the same as 'sex'. There are really only 2 sexes (three iif you count hermaphrodites), but gender is different. Although i'd argue that even trying to 'classify' people one way or another into catagories is probably wrong - it's more like a spectrum.
    Gender is the state of being male or female. Any other definition is malarky. And honestly, I consider myself a mostly social liberal. I could care less about someone's sexuality. But with the exception of a hermaphrodite (which in humans is a genetic mistake), one is either male or female. Transgender is a transition period between the two genders. How one feels about whether they are male or female, despite their body parts is their business and not mine. But that doesn't change the fact that they are male or female in gender. Even definitions of gender that include one's feelings rather than sex (i.e. body parts) still only include masculine, feminine and neuter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast