Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The1000.ca By Jim Smith

A good Friend Jim Smith, has created a new website and youtube channel called The 1000.

Currently he has 2 videos released with another 8 coming soon, and beyond that he wants to get 50 done this year as a video documentary of his thoughts on the History of Battles we as Firearms have gone through.

I encourage people to review his site and contact Jim via it or on his facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/CMSI/798567470162840
    He is taking donations as there is a cost to keep filming his short videos and the travel involved.

Some Details from his site, the1000.ca

A long time ago silver "1000" pins were created. The program they were intended to represent was never implemented and the pins were given to me. I am renewing this symbol for a program in our hour of need. We need 1000 FIGHTERS who will put their “Three T’s (Treasure Talent and Time)” to work for the long – term end to the gun-banners in society.. So are there a thousand people out there that will commit to become one of the elite political operators in Canada (and who knows – maybe internationally) as a member of Freedom 1000!
    To achieve this lofty goal we need to understand where we come from, where we are now and the way forward.

And some Details about Jim:

Jim Smith was born in Edmonton Alberta, the son of Saskatchewan born parents who had left that province to seek their fortunes in the Alberta Oil patch during the ”’Hungry Thirties” (Great Depression). As the son, grandson, great grandson and so on of a long line of hunters and shooters it was perhaps inevitable that he would be interested in the shooting sports. In fact he became interested at an early age in all aspects of the world of “arms and armour”. While still in high school he was active in the protest against the gun control proposals emanating from the Progressive Conservative government of the day. His election as gun club president while still in school marked a beginning of a lifetime of political effort.He graduated from the University of Alberta and spent four years in the north in a community that only recently had seen the closing of its residential school. During this time he remained an active collector, specializing in ammunition and single shot rifles. After moving back south he became active in club activities again and, inevitably in the heavy protests that attended the Liberal gun control legislation. It was then in 1978, when he first joined the National Firearms Association, becoming well acquainted with both Ray Laycock and Dave Tomlinson.
    By the 1980’s he was fully involved in the firearms community politically and as a dealer, gun show and gun auction promoter, gun show judge, collector and shooter, It was during this time that he first started fund raising for the newly reorganized NFA. It was also at this time that he met Dr. Wilf Backhaus a PhD philosopher and lawyer. Wilf was a strong supporter of firearms owners’ rights, although not a gun owner himself. Backhaus was instrumental in teaching Jim much about the law and its application.
    By the early 1990’s he was Director of Finance for the NFA, and a qualified expert witness on modern and antique firearms and their ammunition. During the massive Kim Campbell gun grab he was extremely active and it was this that brought his activism as director of the fledgling Reform Party. Previously he had sat on constituency boards of both the Liberal and Progressive Conservatives representing the firearms owner’s views.
    In 1999 he served as an expert witness into the deaths of Connie and Ty Jacobs, called because of his status as a civilian expert as the case involved a police shooting. This marked the end of a busy time in the firearms world as family changes caused him to withdraw from active firearms politics for much of the next decade.
    Concerns for the path the NFA was following and representations from some current directors caused him to become active again where he represented Saskatchewan on th NFA Board of Directors in recent years before being removed under false allegations in 2014.
    Jim is currently retired, spends his time between Saskatchewan and Alberta and is a familiar sight at gun shows in the area. The 1000 video presentations will, eventually fill in much of this brief outline,

Welcome to GOC, Site for honest, hardworking Canadians, that own firearms.

2. The Following User Liked This Post By jwirecom109

3MTA3 (06-23-2015)

Its not an Org, just want to state this, its a private venture of a documentation of firearm legislation history from the perspective of a well versed and knowledgeable member of our community.

4. The Following User Liked This Post By jwirecom109

Satain (06-22-2015)

from elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by plinkercases
    the long game ACTS and PROVES:

A- assume you will need to defend your right to gun ownership
    C- connect with others who feel the same
    T- talk sanely amongst yourselves
    S- see it through all the way

P – prepare to take action when called for and if most likely to be effective
    R – respond to critics calmly and in unity
    O – operate respectfully but with commitment
    V – voice your position where and whenever possible
    E – expect resistance and slow progress but keep together

6. The Following 4 Users Like This Post By RangeBob

3MTA3 (10-05-2019), killer kane (10-04-2019), Tonsper (10-05-2019), webster (06-20-2015)

Just chipped in the $25 for a sponsorship.

8. The Following User Liked This Post By Woundlicker

jwirecom109 (06-20-2015)

Canadian ForcesMember
    When the "Old Guard" is looking to pass on the heaps of knowledge and wisdom it has gained over the years, I will jump at the opportunity to listen.

Whatever happens in life, I will not give up the belief that all people are created equally, and that it should not matter by what means they choose to defend their lives.

I'm in, if for nothing more than to financially endorse more videos from someone who has "been there, and done it."

10. The Following User Liked This Post By Cryptix

jwirecom109 (06-20-2015)

I'm in.
    Go Pig or Go Home

12. The Following User Liked This Post By Kane63

jwirecom109 (06-20-2015)

Link to Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-f...teRezMI4AY-qXg

The third video is currently unlisted so you have to watch it through the1000.ca. Hit the Watch on Youtube button and give it a like to show support. I've left a suggestion that he make it listed to generate more views, and so we can find it from his channel page.

I'm also in.
    I like guns.

Just did my part, I'm in too.

Jim gave me a heads up that his opening videos have met with great reviews, and he would like to thank the first group of people that donated.

16. The Following 3 Users Like This Post By jwirecom109

Kane63 (06-21-2015), ROADGLIDE45 (06-21-2015), webster (06-20-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    Link to Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-f...teRezMI4AY-qXg

The third video is currently unlisted so you have to watch it through the1000.ca. Hit the Watch on Youtube button and give it a like to show support. I've left a suggestion that he make it listed to generate more views, and so we can find it from his channel page.

I'm also in.
    4th video is likely going to be wednesday Jim said.

He also noted that the reason its unlisted is because he has posted 10 videos and wants to release them over time.

18. The Following User Liked This Post By jwirecom109

webster (06-22-2015)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast