Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sometimes Wholesale Makes Mistakes

Like the Weatherby Mark V Ultralight I bought two days ago. $1387 CAD in Calgary.

I also see this model is missing from their website, maybe they are closing it out?

I got my walnut stocked Vanguard sporter from them for $400 brand new when the Series 2 came out. Wicked sales there if you hit it right. I've scored a number of optics at 30% off their list price on more than one occasion too....

Their website is generally completely useless as far as telling what they might actually have in stock. I gave up using it almost two years ago now....

I bought two Savage 111's, 7mm-08 and 7 mm Rem Mag, for cost from the Regina Wholesale Sports because somebody screwed up when writing tags for the inventory and had them labelled under cost...
    "One more time into the fray, to the last good fight I'll ever know. Live and die on this day. LIVE and DIE on this day!"

I acquired my 870 Tactical for the price of the base model. I checked 3 times and only the one store would sell it for that price. saved me about $200 but I'm sure someone screwed up on their end.

I avoid wholesale like the plague.....their website is the worst, ordered a part...waited 2 weeks...no shipping from them, finally ordered the part somewhere else...got it 10 days later. Still no shipping from wholesale, finally cancelled the order.
    If you walk in....they have a take a number system....take a number, wait 45 mins to talk to a salesperson...the whole time you are standing there listening to salespeople talk about hunting stories with the customer...while ppl are waiting.
    Then when you finally get there..after waiting forever...you get a simple "no" to your query about an item that should have never been behind the counter in the first place...

J
    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I avoid wholesale like the plague.....their website is the worst, ordered a part...waited 2 weeks...no shipping from them, finally ordered the part somewhere else...got it 10 days later. Still no shipping from wholesale, finally cancelled the order.
    If you walk in....they have a take a number system....take a number, wait 45 mins to talk to a salesperson...the whole time you are standing there listening to salespeople talk about hunting stories with the customer...while ppl are waiting.
    Then when you finally get there..after waiting forever...you get a simple "no" to your query about an item that should have never been behind the counter in the first place...
    Never had an experience like that at the local one here. Cabela's though....never hit the gun dept. on a weekend at that place...

The website is the worst though. I tried ordering in a few items they didn't stock locally. Big mistake. I called after about three weeks, they'd put in one (1!) transfer request to pull one of the items from another store. 'Would I like them to try transferring it from another location?' Yes....two weeks later, still no package. Phone call, 'looks like that store doesn't actually have it either, would you like us to try another store?'. Refund. NOW. Never again. Their web inventory is so far out of whack it's not even worth checking to see what they might have....

No-sale sports is the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    That's the truth right there.

Wholesale is a mistake
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Wholesale is the best store in G.P and I've gotten great service on all but one occasion there. No take a number system at the gun counter. Just lean on the counter and someone asks if you need a hand. Sure, they're not the most knowledgeable, but there's a couple people there that aren't bad. Pretty decent selection of guns, optics etc too. Some prices are out of whack (Tavor for $2999, which they lowered to $2699 after I mentioned the rest of the world was selling for $2399 or so) but they are willing to price match.

The shelves are pretty much full too, loads of stock in this store and I was told they can special order some things as well. Lots of staff running around and I get asked if I need a hand enough times it's annoying. LOL

Their fishing section needs a bit of love though, but this is a prairie province I suppose. Not exactly known for quality fishing outside of a few select places in the south.

The independent store (Barton's Big Country)...ya, they're a last resort. I've been ignored countless times, their prices are generally higher than I can find online including shipping, and they're .22LR gougers (they were the first place I ever saw Federal 525 ammo for $49 per brick, 1 brick limit. Everyone else jacked the prices up months later...)
    I'd rather make a difference than a dollar.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast