Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Billythreefeathers View Post
    I've owned or had access to 'hunting rifles' all my life, it's just been recently I've come to the dark side and now own a couple of handguns, and some other fun stuff,, ALL gun owners need to support each other, period.
    thats exactly my point. if fudds think anything else other than their scatter guns are not needed, and wont support the other side, they will find that when the time comes, there may not be anyone to support them. but i think foxer missed that point.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

thats exactly my point. if fudds think anything else other than their scatter guns are not needed, and wont support the other side, they will find that when the time comes, there may not be anyone to support them. but i think foxer missed that point.
    I got the point just fine. I think you'll find it's you who missed it.

For at least another generation, we don't need any support to keep our guns. There are millions of us, and canadian culture has accepted hunting as being completely legitimate. Threats to 'hunting guns' also touch on native rights - a very dangerous thing to do. Even the libs and dips have been forced to acknowledge that you just can't go after hunters and win - which is why they try to make any disarmament proposal sound like it 'respects the rights of hunters'.

Now. One of two things can happen. Shooters can quit acting like complete jackasses and spending all their energy insulting and pushing hunters away and actually look to join together to make a stronger union that can protect ALL our rights - OR.... they can continue ot be complete morons and wind up with nobody backing their play, while hunters continue with more than enough support to win their fights.

So i guess you range queens and mall ninja's out there are going to have to make a choice - are you 'pro gun' or 'anti gun'? Because pro gun people don't try to drive wedges between the different shooting sports the way you are. ANd if you're anti - well then you're on the right track. You can join the other range queens who trash talk other gun owners constantly and demand we let the ndp win the election etc etc.

So basically - are you a gun owner or a traitor to gun owners? You'll have to decide, just as the 'no compromise' people had to. They chose wrong and decided to take out the nfa at a time when gun rights really needed them. BTW - i hear reliably that wound up costing the Range Queens a pretty sweet heart deal that would have been incorporated into c-42. Guess you guys cost yourselves a lot with that fight. But that's what happens when you're focused on division and not unification.

Hey - i've worked pretty damn hard for restricted owner's rights. And i know a lot of other hunter types who have as well. And donated money to groups that don't really do anything for us (When was the last time the CSSA put their shoulder to hunting issues for example? Or the NFA for that matter).

But - you seem bound and determined to tell me that my help isn't appreciated at all. That basically you'd rather see people like me piss off and not help. That if we do help its' because somehow we owe you something. Basically - you guys are the 'greece' of the gun community. Take take take, give nothing back, then demand more as your 'right'.

Keep it up and you'll end up in the same place the real greece is - broken. We'll be fine - hell now we can have any gun made non restricted and 'huntable' if we wish, and the CPC can be taught that keeping US happy means lots of money and support while supporting you guys is a waste of time.. you don't appreciate any of it anyway so what's the point?

So go ahead - i'm sure that your policy of division will work out just as well for you as it did for the NFA.

Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    I propose that GoC 'BAN',, yes, I said the B word,, the term/word 'FUDD'

it is derogatory term used to describe other gun owners who don't share or understand your style of shooting.
    CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by Foxer View Post
    I got the point just fine. I think you'll find it's you who missed it.
    No. I think it's indeed you who missed the point. I think you're blinded by your know-it-all attitude. You have a knack for putting words in people's mouths and spinning arguments in your favor. What Steve is saying is this. If their came a time when non-hunters or recreational shooters suddenly lost their guns because fudds didn't support them, then those who just lost their guns would have nothing left to fight for; so they would have no reason to help the fudds in their fight if one were to occur. Of course, the likelihood of this happening any time soon is slim, but that's what he was saying. Got it?

Now, someone get this thread back on topic - the re-classification of the Mossberg Blaze 47. Otherwise, you're all getting a time-out.

5. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By awndray

Edenchef (07-08-2015), Kico (07-08-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Billythreefeathers View Post
    I propose that GoC 'BAN',, yes, I said the B word,, the term/word 'FUDD'

it is derogatory term used to describe other gun owners who don't share or understand your style of shooting.
    http://www.gunownersofcanada.ca/show...he-FUDD-thread

Just curious:

All those who complain that "fudds" do nothing to help when the restricted guys are under attack, how many have ever made the effort to support the hunters when some dips--t town council tries to limit hunting activities somewhere?

Ideally we should be ONE community each helping and supporting the other.

Having said that, the OFAH can stil kiss the fattest part of my ass.

8. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By soulchaser

Coke (07-07-2015), Edenchef (07-08-2015), Kane63 (07-08-2015), Kico (07-08-2015), Strangeday (07-07-2015)

When is the last time you heard a politician refer to "Tactical wannabes and Assault weapon owners" as opposed to "Hunters and Farmers" in a good way?
    "If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." - George Orwell

Trudeau Out Now!!!

I'm a hunter, farmer and shooter. What the hell does that make me? We as firearms owners should stick together, especially in this age of disarmament. Anti's try to divide and conquer; let's not help them by feuding amongst ourselves. A little respect goes a long way.
    Swamp

11. The Following 6 Users Like This Post By Swamphunter

3MTA3 (07-08-2015), Edenchef (07-08-2015), Kico (07-08-2015), mikpen14 (07-08-2015), ROADGLIDE45 (07-08-2015), speedloader (07-08-2015)

Good Morning.

This Thread is far from on topic.

Please respect the original poster's thread and bring it back on track.

If not the thread will be closed.

Thank you.

Welcome to GOC, Site for honest, hardworking Canadians, that own firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by dakaroo View Post
    I don't know if the RCMP in all there wisdom have thought of this, they are potentially causing excellent opportunity to the firearms community.

My reasoning the Mossberg 47, semi-auto, gets prohibited and or Swiss Arms etc, if one owns one of these, when they become classified, does the RCMP have to give you the owner (of private property) the ability to register semi-auto and receive Prohib License? If this is the case I invite the RCMP to prohibit so I can get a Prohibit License so a lot of those previously prohibited firearms can be saved from the recycle bin when the old timers move on.

Just my 2 bits worth?
    So, let me get this straight.

You want the RCMP to make one of your firearms prohibited.

Confiscate it without compensation.

But give you a hall pass that allows you to keep it until the CFO decides you are no longer using it for the stated purpose, or until your licence lapses for five minutes.

And you want to rent more of them. Yes, rent. When you purchase something you own it.

You don't own the prohibited firearms in your possession.

But, there is no more grandfathering (a term used to describe confiscation without compensation, with a hall pass).

So, should we be more concerned about the nasties dicking us around, or the law that empowers them to do so?
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isnít hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.