Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by livewire0129 View Post
    Back in 2010 I debated which semi .22 to buy. It was down to the 10/22 vs the 597. I chose the 597 and have regretted it ever since. the 597 just isn't reliable enough.
    Plus their fit/finish quality is subpar, I was shopping for my first rifle not long ago and went in almost decided on a heavy barrel Remington 597 as it was much cheaper and some people seem to like it. Handled it beside a new 10/22 takedown in store, 10/22 came home! I think the only way Remington wins is in that Hyundai vs VW/Toyota logic, as in it won't have the same quality or have good resale but is cheaper to buy upfront if you don't care about the little things

Quote Originally Posted by CaperJim View Post
    I have 2x Gen3 ten rounders and 3x clear thirty rounders. Opening the 30s, giving them a clean, and stretching the spring a bit really makes a difference. The only feeding/extraction issues I see are probably from the cheap(er) bulk ammo. Ten rounders only give issues when using shorts
    Actually that reminds me, one of mine did not want to feed the last round. Tugging on the spring a little cured the issue.

Thanks for all the info guys. My internet has been down for 2 weeks. Anybody have experience with the Rock Island Armory ruger copy?

Quote Originally Posted by Swamphunter View Post
    Thanks for all the info guys. My internet has been down for 2 weeks. Anybody have experience with the Rock Island Armory ruger copy?
    No, but the internet tells me you can't swap aftermarket 10/22 onto them. If that matters.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

That does matter.
    Thanks,
    Swamp

That does matter.
    Thanks,
    Swamp
    BARRELS! Can't swap aftermarket BARRELS onto them. I can't believe I forgot the most important part.
    AFAIK everything else will fit.

Sorry for the confusion.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Gotcha.
    Thanks,
    Swamp

Don't know if you have already made up your mind, but when I faced the exact same dilemma last year what settled it was a trip to a store and handling both rifles. *For me* the 597 just felt way, way better in the hand. It just fit me better. So I picked one up and have not regretted it once. The first 50 shots or so gave me a few problems (failure to feed/eject, etc) but since then it has been more or less flawless. As has been said there are very mixed reviews on the 597 but for me it has been great. Where in Rural Eastern Ont are you? I shoot at EOSC if you ever want to give it a try. PM me if interested.

I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on an Anschutz MSR RX 22. Anybody got one?
    Whadya think?
    Swamp

I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on an Anschutz MSR RX 22. Anybody got one?
    Whadya think?
    Swamp
    I'm excited to hear how it does for you - i hear decent things about the newer ones. I really considered one very hard when they came out but they immediately ran into troubles, and i backed off. If these new gen ones are good, i'd be interested in dusting the idea off again. I hate to say you're the gunea pig but it's kind of sounding that way

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast