Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CaperJim View Post
    Which version do you have? I may need another one
    it a standard 597, blued barrel, synthetic stock. it was drilled and tapped, so I put a rail on it. It's wearing a cheap tasco scope at the moment. It's fairly reliable with the factory 10 round mags, but the 30 rounders have lots of malfunctions. It's got 2 10 rounders, and around 6 30 rounders. Make an offer, I'll consider it.

Can you get high cap mags for the Marlin Foxer?

Quote Originally Posted by Swamphunter View Post
    I don't know, i've never looked. I don't think so - you can get 10's (they come with 7's) but i've never looked for 25's or anything. I suppose you could 'jungle mag' 'em

Quote Originally Posted by Swamphunter View Post
    Promag makes a 25 round I believe. Someone was bringing in a drum magazine for them as well but I haven't seen anything on that topic for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by livewire0129 View Post
    it a standard 597, blued barrel, synthetic stock. it was drilled and tapped, so I put a rail on it. It's wearing a cheap tasco scope at the moment. It's fairly reliable with the factory 10 round mags, but the 30 rounders have lots of malfunctions. It's got 2 10 rounders, and around 6 30 rounders. Make an offer, I'll consider it.
    This again. I have the exact opposite issue with my 597HB. Factory ten round is garbage. You may be better off throwing it at the target than loading it in the rifle. I have three of the clear 30 shot Remington magazines and they are all flawless.

forget everything else....10/22 is it. No end of things you can do...or not do. Mine is a stock carbine bought in 1992 and it just runs and runs. Probably has 50K through it, and of course itīs a .22 so I canīt say never had a jam or stoppage but it is a machine. Over the years I have looked at things to do to it with stocks and maybe a bull barrel but the conclusion has always boiled down to there is no point. Runs just fine stock and does everything I ask of it. I really canīt think of another gun that I would give such a strong recommendation for.

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    This again. I have the exact opposite issue with my 597HB. Factory ten round is garbage. You may be better off throwing it at the target than loading it in the rifle. I have three of the clear 30 shot Remington magazines and they are all flawless.
    Very strange. Ive read that the early 10 rounders had problems, but were fixed in recent years. Perhaps your 10 round mag was an early one? As for the 30 rounders, it seems like spinning the roulette wheel, some of mine were more reliable and others are completely useless.

We have a 597 floating around at work and I shot it once.The charging handle comes off of it if you don't do it just right.

Quote Originally Posted by livewire0129 View Post
    Very strange. Ive read that the early 10 rounders had problems, but were fixed in recent years. Perhaps your 10 round mag was an early one? As for the 30 rounders, it seems like spinning the roulette wheel, some of mine were more reliable and others are completely useless.
    I looked into this a while back and my 10 round is of the newer 'improved' generation. We have two more 597's in the family, and they work just fine with the magazine they came with. I suspect it's that inconsistent Remington manufacturing process.... Of note, there's a Promag 25 round out there that supposedly works very well with these rifles. I believe one or more of our sponsors carries them.

I have 2x Gen3 ten rounders and 3x clear thirty rounders. Opening the 30s, giving them a clean, and stretching the spring a bit really makes a difference. The only feeding/extraction issues I see are probably from the cheap(er) bulk ammo. Ten rounders only give issues when using shorts

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast