Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scorpion Optics

Scorpion Optics

I happened across these today while out and about and it got me thinking about upgrading the scope on my .223. I took a look through the Copperhead Tactical and it seemed pretty nice, especially for $300. A little internet research tells me that the biggest complaints are "Made in China" and "They make bowstrings, they can't make scopes." I was pretty impressed with what I saw, and they have a lifetime warranty. The guy at the store said that he's only seen a few scopes come back, and of those, only one wasn't due to operator error.

I already know what Stevesummit and Satain think about them. Anyone else have an opinion?
    I like guns.

I've never owned one, but I have heard first hand experience from a fellow who said it only took one shot on his 300WM to break the reticle. Considering what else is available out there, I would pass on it.

I've owned a couple. They are supposed to be out there to compete with the lower end Vortex line. What impressed me was the lifetime DEALER warranty. Take it to any local Scorpion dealer and have it replaced rather than any other company where you have to send it to the manufacturer.

Quote Originally Posted by Drache View Post
    I've owned a couple. They are supposed to be out there to compete with the lower end Vortex line. What impressed me was the lifetime DEALER warranty. Take it to any local Scorpion dealer and have it replaced rather than any other company where you have to send it to the manufacturer.
    The Silver Heights at the end of the street is stocking these. I'll have to ask Ron about that warranty....

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    The Silver Heights at the end of the street is stocking these. I'll have to ask Ron about that warranty....
    Just checked, it was changed to "store you bought it from"

If you have ANY issues with a Scorpion product that has our “sting free” warranty you can simply return it to the store you purchased it at or contact us directly if its more convenient and you will be able to exchange it right on the spot for a brand new one. For any products not covered by our LIFETIME warranty, please have your proof of purchase available at time of warranty claim.

The warranty is a big selling feature for me. If there's ever a problem, go in and swap it for a new one on the spot. No down time.
    I like guns.

Quote Originally Posted by JustBen View Post
    I've never owned one, but I have heard first hand experience from a fellow who said it only took one shot on his 300WM to break the reticle. Considering what else is available out there, I would pass on it.
    Lol. Yeah, I'd splurge a little if I were going to hammer my scope with 300 Win Mag. I figure it ought to be pretty safe on a .223, though.
    I like guns.

I have a red hot 17 on my 17hmr and I'm happy with it. I dropped my rifle and the top turret stopped clicking, it just would turn freely. I brought it back to where I bought it and they replaced it no questions asked. Can't beat the warranty and it does everything that I want it to so I'm happy.
    CCFR Member

9. The Following User Liked This Post By rhyno857

Rory McCanuck (08-13-2015)

Been running a 4-14x44 copperhead on my international trophy hunter .223 for a couple of years now....absolutely no issues...really like it..would use another..

I had wondered about those. See them at the shows all the time.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast