Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    ^^ I've seen those chairs....I've come to appreciate the stool, as well as a small collapsible chair with no arms, just a back. The standard folding lawn chair is fairly comfy, but I find the arms can get in the way of a quick shot or an awkward angle. Last year's buck was shot leaning backward off my stool and twisted hard to the left in order to squeeze a shot between two saplings. The Helinox looks good, but how're they for mobility in the seat? And will they handle 270 lbs, ya lightweight?

As far as clothes go, I hunt in jeans, whatever hoody I grab in the morning, and a vest if its chilly. Cheap winchester knife with a guthook, and various rifles depending on what gets grabbed and there is ammo for. Colors etc get no attention paid to them.

A friend and I bagged four whitetails, passed on a bear in one day last year. Other trips resulted in dead bambis for everyone who went, and a moose for one person. This year we hunted a different area on sunday and got a spiker.

People have been deer hunting for a couple hundred years here, and as my buddy said on sunday "there was plenty of dead deer in the 20's and 30's, and all they wore was wool trousers and makinaw coats.
    in pace, ut sapiens, aptarit idonea bello
    - In peace, like a wise man, he appropriately prepares for war

3. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Haywire1

Drache (09-09-2015), Rory McCanuck (09-07-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by kennymo View Post
    ^^ I've seen those chairs....I've come to appreciate the stool, as well as a small collapsible chair with no arms, just a back. The standard folding lawn chair is fairly comfy, but I find the arms can get in the way of a quick shot or an awkward angle. Last year's buck was shot leaning backward off my stool and twisted hard to the left in order to squeeze a shot between two saplings. The Helinox looks good, but how're they for mobility in the seat? And will they handle 270 lbs, ya lightweight?
    Mobility is decent... there's no arms to get in the way, but you're basically semi-reclined so it's not awesome to shoot from. It can be done though and given the size and weight, I have packed mine into and out of the bush every time, simply because it's not a chore to carry. Strap it onto the bag and go. For hunting, it's good, but for fishing it's nothing short of a godsend. As for weight... yes... they're rated for 320 pounds. I rock off the back legs on mine; it's stupid strong. Their table is equally awesome!
    Proudly publishing Calibre; The Canadian Firearm Publication, online at www.calibremag.ca!

Like us on Facebook or Instagram to follow along with what's new around the office, as well as to get a glimpse into what goes into producing a gun publication.
    Follow us on Twitter @calibremag to enjoy all the stuff that's deemed too unprofessional for Facebook!

Speaking of cover scents, for those who havent' seen it, here's a new idea -

Tons of useful info in here. First time hunter checking in.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678