Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cfo problems

Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
    Yeah Steve, an update on the cfo inspection would be appreciated before the AGM in November. My renewal for next year depends upon what the near future holds. It's been over two years now that the long range has been closed. Two years of a waste of my membership. I won't let it continue into a third year of basically paying for nothing. If there's no hope for the long range, then the club has lost my membership. Bad news, yes. But I'm not the only one who's been waiting. And my patience is at an end.

Andy 6MT

EDIT: If this comes off sounding rude, it was not my intention.
    The agenda is working well - discouraging the use, carriage and possession of firearms to support disarmament.
    To show that men can travel to the moon and return, use the American experience.

To show that public safety isnít hurt by responsible individuals carrying to protect life, use the American experience.

2. The Following User Liked This Post By CLW .45

FallisCowboy (10-13-2017)

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Yeah Steve, an update on the cfo inspection would be appreciated before the AGM in November. My renewal for next year depends upon what the near future holds. It's been over two years now that the long range has been closed. Two years of a waste of my membership. I won't let it continue into a third year of basically paying for nothing. If there's no hope for the long range, then the club has lost my membership. Bad news, yes. But I'm not the only one who's been waiting. And my patience is at an end.

Andy 6MT

EDIT: If this comes off sounding rude, it was not my intention.
    From what I understand of it, the inspection was done again, and that is all. Once again, everything is in the cfo's office and out of the clubs hand. No timeline is set with the cfos office because we all know they dont acknowledge anyone's priorites except their own. If they come back with an approval, Im sure the exec will have the range open within minutes, but theres is absolutely no way of knowing when/if that will happen. If they refuse, I guess its back to court time. I wouldnt bet the family farm this is going to be resolved before the end of the year, but who knows. It could happen. I hate to see members leaving, but I can understand everyones frustration. Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do. Personally, Id rather see the long range closed for another 2 years than see the club give into the nonsensical whims of the cfos office. One way or the other, Ill be renewing my membership.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

Thanks Dennis. It is a shame. If that's the case, I won't be renewing.

In two years time, it'll probably be a Provincial CFO.
    Green is the new Red

6. The Following User Liked This Post By killer kane

linung (10-14-2017)

The Gunsmithing Moderator blacksmithden's Avatar
    I live among the creatures of the night (Edmonton)
    Thanks Dennis. It is a shame. If that's the case, I won't be renewing.
    It was shortly after the inspection that I got second hand info Andy. You should at least come to the AGM next month and get the lastest straight from the exec. I'll be there for sure.
    GOC moderator
    Dealer/co-founder/co-owner of Tundra Supply Ltd.
    www.tundrasupply.ca
    The High River Gun Grab - NEVER FORGET !!!!
    Feb 26 2014 - Swiss Arms prohibition and ordered confiscation by the RCMP - NEVER FORGET !!!!!

Well They're renewed, so long range is back, pistol's now open....
    Green is the new Red

Thank you Steve for the call. It's been a long 26 months. And....I can shoot my .50BMG too.

....and I will be renewing :-)

10. The Following User Liked This Post By 6MT

blacksmithden (10-28-2017)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234