Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    www.aztecharmory.ca
    As FALover explains, there are many things to consider... further to that I just had a long conversation with Tony and he confirmed that the receiver is different as well. The original Garand receiver would need to be milled out in order to accept the magazines and would then not work with the clips.

So... I asked him to give me a less expensive option and he came up with the idea to take the used .308 barrel and combine it with some of the other usable parts from the BM59 kit and then sub in whatever else would be required to make it all work.

When all is said and done, we can offer those kits for $649 USD... still not inexpensive, but much better than the #1 parts kit which sells for $1049. Keep in mind that the #1 kit is '06 and this less expensive kit will be in .308. Also, the #1 kit has a brand new barrel where this one would be used. All the parts on the #1 are reparked with refinished furniture. These .308 kits will possibly be a mixture of original finishes and will not have the refinished wood.

In any case we will get .308 kit listed on our site shortly so it will be available to purchase. Keep in mind that they won't be arriving in BC now until the Sept 5th import.
    It's Not Always a Matter of Need...

frig, I like that deal. Ummmm I'll see how work goes.
    the wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

3. The Following User Liked This Post By lone-wolf

Marshall (07-12-2016)

moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    I have been mulling over the idea of a M1-BM 59 hybrid just to get that Italian look. If all goes as hoped I will be looking into one of these kits!
    GET OFF MY LAWN!

3 receivers. I can try one of these I think...then 2 more if I get lucky on the first one....now...who to get in Virden MB area to properly install barrel? Hmmmn
    HK because they hate me

moved close to the lake.Some call it Gilford.
    Quote Originally Posted by H.K.Glock 007 View Post
    3 receivers. I can try one of these I think...then 2 more if I get lucky on the first one....now...who to get in Virden MB area to properly install barrel? Hmmmn

I had a fellow from Fort Mac drop in this week (he was visiting family) and we barreled, finished reamed and assembled his Garand. In a Deans Gun Restoration stock it is a beauty! I forgot to take pics but he is one happy M1 owner!
    GET OFF MY LAWN!

Well, I'm in for one kit. Just ordered it. I'll likely stash the other receivers. This should be a great winter project!

CCFR Lifetime Member
    CSSA Lifetime Member
    NFA Lifetime Member
    NRA Endowment Member

...can't find it
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

CCFR Lifetime Member
    CSSA Lifetime Member
    NFA Lifetime Member
    NRA Endowment Member

Oh, I was looking for the mixmaster one - the Winnipegger Special for $649. I thought you were talking about that one being up.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

www.aztecharmory.ca
    Sorry for the delay in getting this set up...
    Here's the link to the 308 parts kit: https://www.aztecharmory.com/garand-parts-p-33736.html

At this point these kits will come in on the Sept 5th import.
    Let me know if you have any questions.
    It's Not Always a Matter of Need...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast