Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    Let's face it.....a guy with a 308 bolt rifle, with a fair bit of practice and 500 yards away is a hell of a lot more likely to be able to kill a bunch of people than some moron gang banger with a full auto practicing spray and pray.
    "QI XL M02 - Military Matters"

Jeremy Clarkson "Have you ever fired an AK47? Someone put it onto automatic and quite literally stood me in front of a barn door and I missed."
    Boer War (1900), the British found that their rifle marksmanshp wasn't up to snuff.
    In Canada, this spawned the governments creating rifle ranges and the press saying anyone who can't shoot isn't a man.
    In England, they passed a law that allowed fairgrounds to have rifle ranges with live ammunition. Today mostly what you get is pellots, but what is allowed in law even to this day is actual live ammunition up to .23.

Despite the NRA`s best efforts during the previous 40 years, the war in South Africa demonstrated clearly that England was not yet a nation of marksmen. In May 1900 Prime Minister Lord Salisbury called for the formation of civilian rifle clubs to redress the shortcoming. In a speech to the Primrose League, he stated his goal was no less than that "a rifle should be kept in every cottage in the land." In response the NRA formulated its guidelines for the affiliation of civilian clubs. Ninety-two were formed that first year, among them Rudyard Kipling`s club at Rottingdean and Arthur Conan Doyle`s Undershaw Rifle Club.

Kipling had returned home to Rottingdean convinced that the English people had grown too soft and complacent to defend their empire. Not only had the regular army had a difficult time with the Boers, it had compared poorly to its colonial allies; the Australians and New Zealanders had adapted easily to the irregular warfare of their opponents. Kipling was then at the height of his fame and popularity, and he was determined to use his status as a platform for moral leadership, both through his writing, and in the summer of 1900, by example.
    http://www.rifleman.org.uk/index-29.html
    "So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.." - George Orwell
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the younger
    FTrudeau

3. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By 3MTA3

Rory McCanuck (11-01-2015), Swampdonkey (11-02-2015)

Banned
    We as gun owners all know that a gun is just a tool; it is how that tool is used that is sometimes a problem. It should come as no surprise then, that given the right tools almost anything can be made into a gun. The common factor here is the human one. This is the fatal flaw in gun control; if someone is really determined to cause mayhem with a gun, there is really nothing can be done to stop them from getting a gun. They will acquire one illegally or build one illegally. When someone figures out how to stop people from doing illegal things, gun control will work, but then, it will not be needed, because there will be no crime. The analogy is the story of King Canute, standing on the beach and ordering the tide not to come in. We all know how that turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksmithden View Post
    Most people don't have my background or tools...but let's face reality. If I really wanted to, I could buy a hand full of supplies from Home Depot, lock myself in the garage for the weekend, and I can pretty much guarantee I could hand you a working full auto firearm by Monday morning. That would be without ever modifying an existing firearm, but from scratch. Would I ? Do I look like somebody who wants to spend a few years in the pen and 100k in legal fees ? LOL.

The reality of the situation is this. Wanting to ban some of the semi-autos out there (all?) is a useless political exercise to make the cops look like they're doing something useful by giving the public the false impression that they are in real danger because of the firearms that are out there now. Let's face it.....a guy with a 308 bolt rifle, with a fair bit of practice and 500 yards away is a hell of a lot more likely to be able to kill a bunch of people than some moron gang banger with a full auto practicing spray and pray.
    Of course, but that only furthers their agenda to ban ALL gun ownership by the people. Part of their "Irreversible Ratchet".

A good hand with a single-shot bolt action .22 rimfire can cause an incredible amount of harm so of course they will eventually move to ban any and all guns from people.

They have already planned this many years if not decades ago.
    There is a madness to my method!

It is unfortunate the rcmp won't spend as much time trying to solve serious crime that they do harassing honest gun owners.

I am sure there are a few posters on here that could turn a three burner BBQ into a full auto with as little work and a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Enfield View Post
    It is unfortunate the rcmp won't spend as much time trying to solve serious crime that they do harassing honest gun owners.

I am sure there are a few posters on here that could turn a three burner BBQ into a full auto with as little work and a lot of money.
    Yeah, and you could still cook bacon, burgers and sausages on it!!

8. The Following User Liked This Post By Marcel

Edenchef (11-01-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Enfield View Post

Not everyone has a three burner BBQ but if you can get your hands on a shovel...

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbu...=1#post2695046

Marcel,
    Now it might not cook burger and sausages but wrap the raw bacon around the barrel and have at her

Quote Originally Posted by ESnel View Post
    Not everyone has a three burner BBQ but if you can get your hands on a shovel...

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbu...=1#post2695046

Marcel,
    Now it might not cook burger and sausages but wrap the raw bacon around the barrel and have at her
    I bet the "Boys in the Lab" couldn't do it!

This is one of the biggest fresh stinkers the ponyboys have delivered, yet they will NEVER show one of the "Boys in the Lab" firing it even without releasing the "modification" details.

It's a FAKE, they are full of it!
    Last edited by Marcel; 11-02-2015 at 02:22 AM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456