CCFR Suggestion Box

I have a couple suggestions regarding the CCFR; one for the moderators here and one for the CCFR specifically. Perhaps this post could become a sticky for future suggestions, too?

GOC Mods: Perhaps we could have sub-forums within the Firearms Organizations section for the CCFR, CSSA, etc?

CCFR: I think we need an 8.5 x 11" poster / pamphlet for notice boards and handouts. Something we could drop off at our LGS or (pending permission from management) workplace lunch rooms, etc.
    "I don't have a firearms problem; they all work perfectly well." - Strike that. I do have a problem; the gov't has decided some are too dangerous to own.
    Membership: CCFR, SAFGC
    Govít couldnít make sense if you gave them a recipe.

2. The Following 5 Users Like This Post By DanN

CaperJim (10-26-2015), Doug_M (10-26-2015), Edenchef (10-26-2015), greywolf67nt (10-26-2015), rommel900 (10-26-2015)

I think that they should have contact info on the site. IE: phone, address email
    Bob

4. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By JungleCat

Frank@NorthTrail (10-27-2015), lvivier (10-27-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by DanN View Post
    GOC Mods: Perhaps we could have sub-forums within the Firearms Organizations section for the CCFR, CSSA, etc?
    Sorry we have had that setup previously and it didn't work out.
    Orgs are guests of the Forum and will not have a sub forum or moderation rights to a section, to ensure openness and transparency.
    The also have a full set of additional rules.

Welcome to GOC, Site for honest, hardworking Canadians, that own firearms.

6. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By jwirecom109

DanN (10-26-2015), lone-wolf (11-15-2015)

I'd print out full colour posters/fliers to give out at gun shows and post at the clubs if they are available.

Got free access to a big colour laser

8. The Following User Liked This Post By Mark-II

DanN (10-27-2015)

A "We are Canadians, We are gun owners" campaign, showing 100 gun owners, male and female, young and old, all races, with their professions and where they live (city, country, East West). We can use it as poster in sporting good stores, as newspapers ads. If an org wants to get behind that...
    CSSA CCFR CPC

10. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By TJSpeller

Frank@NorthTrail (10-27-2015), kennymo (10-27-2015)

I received a PM from a GOC member who wished to remain anonymous.

Dan, I joined CCFR yesterday. [snip] I see you're asking for writers. Good idea. I'm not a writer, but I was thinking that positive heart warming type stories in popular magazines, about hunting and guns, might be a way to reach the non gun owning public. You know, grandpa and grandma stories about shooting rabbits in the garden and such.
    I should also mention that I hold no official capacity with the CCFR - I'm just a regular member. For now, at least.
    "I don't have a firearms problem; they all work perfectly well." - Strike that. I do have a problem; the gov't has decided some are too dangerous to own.
    Membership: CCFR, SAFGC
    Govít couldnít make sense if you gave them a recipe.

Canadian ForcesMember Billythreefeathers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DanN View Post

CCFR: I think we need an 8.5 x 11" poster / pamphlet for notice boards and handouts. Something we could drop off at our LGS or (pending permission from management) workplace lunch rooms, etc.
    and hand out at local GUN shows
    CSSA

13. The Following 2 Users Like This Post By Billythreefeathers

DanN (10-27-2015), kennymo (10-27-2015)

Here's a suggestion for CCFR (BTW, I am a member of CCFR): Now that the government has released the cabinet mandate letters, it would be a good time to start educating the public that the LPCs talking points around the provisions of C-42 are complete BS (e.g. people will be permitted to drive around with "assault weapons" in their trunks). Also, CCFR might explain that some of the very modest reforms of C-42 constitute no threat to public safety and make life a little easier for law abiding gun owners (e.g. no separate paper ATT, and it is permissible to bring a firearm to gunsmith without having to receive "special permission" (i.e. a STATT)).