Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Just got my renewal in the mail today. Took all of 15 days! I pre-emptively emailed the CFO my proof of range membership a couple days after I filed the renewal online.

If anyone's PAL is up for renewal at any time in 2018 you might want to renew it now before C-71 becomes law in the Fall and creates a massive backlog.
    Our freedoms ARE the greater good.

2. The Following User Liked This Post By Doug_M

I mailed mine in March 11, been a month and still getting the "We have no information that matches"

RobertMcC
    Quote Originally Posted by DuhBoredShooter View Post
    I mailed mine in March 11, been a month and still getting the "We have no information that matches"
    Did you make sure you included any range memberships or your purpose. Because that will delay it.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    Did you make sure you included any range memberships or your purpose. Because that will delay it.
    Well no, but I called them multiple times and they said they still didn't receive it. Also my CFSC/CRFSC instructor told me that you do not need a range membership in Ontario.

RobertMcC
    Well no, but I called them multiple times and they said they still didn't receive it. Also my CFSC/CRFSC instructor told me that you do not need a range membership in Ontario.
    Oh your first? Yeah it take a bit.

7. The Following User Liked This Post By RobertMcC

DuhBoredShooter (04-12-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Hello, New member from Huntsville On here. I saw this thread and since I’m waiting for Restricted, I started reading with no idea of realistic wait times. What I saw was back in 2012 it took a long time and lots of patience.
    I mailed paperwork Dec 28, bank statement shows chq cashed Jan 6, RCMP web site status says paperwork received processed and approved Jan 8.
    No references called , I’m assuming because I’ve had a non-restricted license for 35 years they just took the money and stamped approved.

Now what do I choose for my first range pistol? M&P9, Glock17 or 19, CZ shadow2 ? ��
    I am new member here as well.

Pal/RPAL courses done on March 10 and 11. Got the result same day.

Application sent on 13th March. For some reason I decided not to send as registered mail ( stupid decision )

Called the application center today 17-4-2018 and as advised that they cannot check my status because it has not been entered into the system yet. Lady officer was really kind and informed that they are taking a little over 28 days right now to complete applications and my application should be online any day now.

Lady encouraged me to call every few days because sometimes online does not give out all the information.

I hope I should know by end of this week or so.

Question - I have a NEXUS card, does that make the application process any easier because they do extensive background check anyways.

Can't wait to shop for M&P 9mm range kit. I have read great reviews for M&P 9mm range kit. For less than $700 you can get a really good gun plus all the extra equipment like 3 extra magazines, holster, mag loader and changeable grips .

Update -

Apr- 18 . Day after calling the application center, the status " Your application has completed the initial process. It is now in progress"appeared online. They received my application on the 19th of March. So it appreared online in 30 days. Not sure if my phone call made any difference because it appeared online the next day after I called.

I called them again today to make sure my application was complete and there is no missing information. I was advised that there is nothing they need from me and the next step for them is to scan my picture and continue with the "progress".

I will give it another week before I call again. Oh yes the payment was charged on my account as well but no references has been called so far.
    Last edited by Mr Singh; 04-19-2018 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Singh View Post
    I am new member here as well.

Pal/RPAL courses done on March 10 and 11. Got the result same day.

Application sent on 13th March. For some reason I decided not to send as registered mail ( stupid decision )

Called the application center today 17-4-2018 and as advised that they cannot check my status because it has not been entered into the system yet. Lady officer was really kind and informed that they are taking a little over 28 days right now to complete applications and my application should be online any day now.

Lady encouraged me to call every few days because sometimes online does not give out all the information.

I hope I should know by end of this week or so.

Question - I have a NEXUS card, does that make the application process any easier because they do extensive background check anyways.

Can't wait to shop for M&P 9mm range kit. I have read great reviews for M&P 9mm range kit. For less than $700 you can get a really good gun plus all the extra equipment like 3 extra magazines, holster, mag loader and changeable grips .
    Nothing will make it easier, the process isn't geared toward any sort of efficiency.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Likeaboss View Post
    Nothing will make it easier, the process isn't geared toward any sort of efficiency.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I thought so but was not sure.

Its been 5 weeks and still nothing, UGHHHHH
    أنا أحب البنادق

RobertMcC
    Its been 5 weeks and still nothing, UGHHHHH
    Well yours is a new license and not a renewal.. Patient young grass hopper. You'll soon find out you gotta wait 4-5 weeks for a firearm transfer.

13. The Following User Liked This Post By RobertMcC

DuhBoredShooter (04-19-2018)

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast