Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    "Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued" If there was a Sentence Olympics, this would win gold every time.
    أنا أحب البنادق

13th March Application sent for RPAL/PAL
    19th March Application received by CFP
    27th April License Issued
    3rd May License received

No references called

Total days =52 Including mail time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Singh View Post
    13th March Application sent for RPAL/PAL
    19th March Application received by CFP
    27th April License Issued
    3rd May License received

No references called

Total days =52 Including mail time.
    Hey, that's a pretty good timeline ! Which province are you in ? Did you call them after 28 days, to enquire ?

Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Niklasky View Post
    Hey, that's a pretty good timeline ! Which province are you in ? Did you call them after 28 days, to enquire ?

Thanks !
    Yes. All my friends are schocked because some had to wait almost one year.

I live in BC. I did called CFS after 28 days. My application status appeared online a day after I called. I followed up with couple of more calls after it appeared online to make sure there is nothing missing. Both occasions I was told that my picture is sent out for scan and next thing I know it was approved.

I don't know if calling them made any difference but there is no harm in checking every few days. Matter of fact I was told by the staff to call every few days as online information is not completely reliable. Hope it helps.

Matter of fact I was told by the staff to call every few days as online information is not completely reliable. Hope it helps.
    Good to know. Mine should be past the 28 days by the end of next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Singh View Post
    Yes. All my friends are schocked because some had to wait almost one year.

I live in BC. I did called CFS after 28 days. My application status appeared online a day after I called. I followed up with couple of more calls after it appeared online to make sure there is nothing missing. Both occasions I was told that my picture is sent out for scan and next thing I know it was approved.

I don't know if calling them made any difference but there is no harm in checking every few days. Matter of fact I was told by the staff to call every few days as online information is not completely reliable. Hope it helps.
    We'll, congrats on getting your RPAL. I hope my timeline will be as short as yours.

Day 118 and waiting. 68 days since it “completed initial processing. It is now in progress”

Done my interview with the RCMP but no references called yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Niklasky View Post
    We'll, congrats on getting your RPAL. I hope my timeline will be as short as yours.
    Thank you. It's still a long process to shoot restricted firearm even after having license in your hand. I had to sign up with my local range and call CFO to provide membership details. Than I paid for my firearm and waited for the transfer to be completed by local CFO. Luckily it was done in 1 day. I am picking my firearm today but still can't shoot because I will have to wait for another 2 weeks before I get registration certificated for the firearm. So yeah it's another couple of weeks wait before you can actually shoot out of your restricted firearm.

Banned
    renewal - applied online.
    Did everything including the photo on my smartphone in 10 minutes.

About 2 weeks later the card arrived (non-restricted & restricted).
    Nothing about club memberships whatsoever.

Don't own any restricted firearms anyway and never will.
    If they want to take restricted off my license I'll be expecting the $20 difference in fees between RPAL & PAL.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug_M View Post
    Just got my renewal in the mail today. Took all of 15 days! I pre-emptively emailed the CFO my proof of range membership a couple days after I filed the renewal online.

If anyone's PAL is up for renewal at any time in 2018 you might want to renew it now before C-71 becomes law in the Fall and creates a massive backlog.
    Especially if you have 'events' in your pre-5 years ago background you'd rather not divulge/discuss on the application.

The CFO/RCMP probably know about them anyway and if they mattered you wouldn't have a license to renew but they want to bait you into lying so they can disqualify your application and probably charge you for giving false/misleading/incomplete information on a license application so you won't be able to get a PAL in the future.

Nobody knows what kind of 'booby trap' questions will be on the 'new applicant' & renewal applications so best to renew NOW before c71 becomes law.