Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Anything questionable in the new applicants FIP file can really slow things down.

Sharing my experience

Pal/RPAL courses done on March 10 and 11. Got the result same day.

13th March Application sent (non registered mail)

Called the application center on 17-4-2018 and was told that they cannot check my status because it has not been entered into the system yet. Lady officer was really kind and informed that they are taking a little over 28 days right now to complete applications and my application should be online any day now.
    I was told to call every few days because sometimes online does not give out all the information.

Apr- 18-2018 . Day after calling the application center, the status " Your application has completed the initial process. It is now in progress"appeared online. They received my application on the 19th of March. So it appeared online in 30 days. Not sure if my phone call made any difference because it appeared online the next day after I called.

Apr -20-2018I called them to make sure my application was complete and there is no missing information. I was advised that there is nothing they need from me and the next step for them is to scan my picture and continue with the "progress".

April 27-2018 . Status changed to "Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued. If you have not received your licence within 2 weeks please contact the Canadian Firearms Program Toll Free number. (1-800 731-4000) ".

No references called.

It took exact 46 days from me sending the application till the license being issued. Technically they took less than 45 days to complete their process after receiving application.

It's shopping time.

UPDATE License received in mail on 03/May/2018
    Last edited by Mr Singh; 05-04-2018 at 09:44 AM.

Just fyi - I just renewed my PAL - sent by mail March 26th, received by mail today. So 33 days total, including mailing times. I have to say I was pretty surprised when it popped through the mail-slot this afternoon.
    It doesn't take all kinds; we just have all kinds.

OFAH; CSSA; NRA

hi there, newb here.
    4/19 delivered, regular mail.
    Hope i can get it asap.

"Your application has been processed and your licence has been issued" If there was a Sentence Olympics, this would win gold every time.
    أنا أحب البنادق

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Singh View Post
    13th March Application sent for RPAL/PAL
    19th March Application received by CFP
    27th April License Issued
    3rd May License received

No references called

Total days =52 Including mail time.
    Hey, that's a pretty good timeline ! Which province are you in ? Did you call them after 28 days, to enquire ?

Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Niklasky View Post
    Hey, that's a pretty good timeline ! Which province are you in ? Did you call them after 28 days, to enquire ?

Thanks !
    Yes. All my friends are schocked because some had to wait almost one year.

I live in BC. I did called CFS after 28 days. My application status appeared online a day after I called. I followed up with couple of more calls after it appeared online to make sure there is nothing missing. Both occasions I was told that my picture is sent out for scan and next thing I know it was approved.

I don't know if calling them made any difference but there is no harm in checking every few days. Matter of fact I was told by the staff to call every few days as online information is not completely reliable. Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Singh View Post
    Yes. All my friends are schocked because some had to wait almost one year.

I live in BC. I did called CFS after 28 days. My application status appeared online a day after I called. I followed up with couple of more calls after it appeared online to make sure there is nothing missing. Both occasions I was told that my picture is sent out for scan and next thing I know it was approved.

I don't know if calling them made any difference but there is no harm in checking every few days. Matter of fact I was told by the staff to call every few days as online information is not completely reliable. Hope it helps.
    We'll, congrats on getting your RPAL. I hope my timeline will be as short as yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Niklasky View Post
    We'll, congrats on getting your RPAL. I hope my timeline will be as short as yours.
    Thank you. It's still a long process to shoot restricted firearm even after having license in your hand. I had to sign up with my local range and call CFO to provide membership details. Than I paid for my firearm and waited for the transfer to be completed by local CFO. Luckily it was done in 1 day. I am picking my firearm today but still can't shoot because I will have to wait for another 2 weeks before I get registration certificated for the firearm. So yeah it's another couple of weeks wait before you can actually shoot out of your restricted firearm.

13th March Application sent for RPAL/PAL
    19th March Application received by CFP
    27th April License Issued
    3rd May License received

No references called

Total days =52 Including mail time.