Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    Awesome news man! Glad they did a phone interview and you got approved! Did they ask you about the theft charges?

-Jamie M.
    No questions at all. I called and she put me on hold, then thanked for waiting and told that she just approved me. No call to references nor was i interviewed. By boxing week i should be able to buy some boom sticks

2. The Following User Liked This Post By LASHA

Dan Hart (07-18-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by LASHA View Post
    No questions at all. I called and she put me on hold, then thanked for waiting and told that she just approved me. No call to references nor was i interviewed. By boxing week i should be able to buy some boom sticks
    Pew pew pew! If you find some deals on guns on black friday sales this weekend don't hesitate to stamp your name on some as most retailers will allow you to put a deposit or purchase them without a PAL# and will hold them until your number/card arrives. Williams Arms, Port Perry, ON and Firearms of Canada, Ajax, ON both did that for me while I was waiting for my card to arrive in the mail

And if you were looking to stamp your name on something AR-15 in case they ban them but grandfather current owners Williams Arms has a sweet brand new DPMS one for $695: http://williamsarms.net/newfirearms.html

And if picking up something AR-15 then S&J Hardware has an insane sale on 30/10rd magazines for $31.99, pistol capacity pew pew in full size magazine: https://www.facebook.com/sjmanufactu...type=3&theater

If purchasing something restricted this weekend you can call the CFO back and request your PAL# in advance of receiving your card so you can get the transfer started. That way you can get your restricted as quick as possible after receiving your card. If ordering online make sure you tell them not to ship it until you notify them that your card has arrived, just in case the transfer goes through before your card arrives.

-Jamie M.
    Last edited by toysareforboys; 11-27-2019 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    Pew pew pew! If you find some deals on guns on black friday sales this weekend don't hesitate to stamp your name on some as most retailers will allow you to put a deposit or purchase them without a PAL# and will hold them until your number/card arrives. Williams Arms, Port Perry, ON and Firearms of Canada, Ajax, ON both did that for me while I was waiting for my card to arrive in the mail

And if you were looking to stamp your name on something AR-15 in case they ban them but grandfather current owners Williams Arms has a sweet brand new DPMS one for $695: http://williamsarms.net/newfirearms.html

And if picking up something AR-15 then S&J Hardware has an insane sale on 30/10rd magazines for $31.99, pistol capacity pew pew in full size magazine: https://www.facebook.com/sjmanufactu...type=3&theater

If purchasing something restricted this weekend you can call the CFO back and request your PAL# in advance of receiving your card so you can get the transfer started. That way you can get your restricted as quick as possible after receiving your card. If ordering online make sure you tell them not to ship it until you notify them that your card has arrived, just in case the transfer goes through before your card arrives.

-Jamie M.
    Thanks Jamie. Yes i will do that for sure. So black friday deals vs Christmas. which is better? I k kw they are trying to ban AR15 but...

I figured i'd share my wait time. I did my course in dec 2018. Submitted my paperwork early 2019. They received it on march 2019. My application has been with the CFO of BC for a year now. No criminal history. Just an average guy. I call every few months and nobody can give me a clear answer. I gave up on it now. I wanted to get into firearms but i kinda moved on to another passion. Sadly i just feel like my rights are just being played with...

call Mirimichi CFO

Quote Originally Posted by Turbocabz View Post
    I figured i'd share my wait time. I did my course in dec 2018. Submitted my paperwork early 2019. They received it on march 2019. My application has been with the CFO of BC for a year now. No criminal history. Just an average guy. I call every few months and nobody can give me a clear answer. I gave up on it now. I wanted to get into firearms but i kinda moved on to another passion. Sadly i just feel like my rights are just being played with...
    Call CFO office, find out exactly which CFO is holding your application, ask to speak with them and if not get their direct extension. Call them until you speak with the person holding your application and ask them what the hold up is. For my friend it was "we couldn't get ahold of your ex girlfriend", ummm, she moved back with her family in Japan. Boom, license issued.

-Jamie M.

Right now I expect its going to take even longer with the offices all closed down. I lucked out I sent my renewal in online on the 15th of Feb. and they had it back in my hands by the 4th of March.

Anyone get their PAL/RPAL recently? How long did it take?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffT View Post
    Not yet, but online beats anything else with a stick for speed. Follow up emails fo scans of range cards IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by JeffT View Post
    Welcome to GOC. I got my upgrade to rpal in May took 6 months. There was a new member here that applied in April and got it in June so 2 months (I don't recall if just pal or both). If you have applied recently it should be relatively quick, and will be until the courses start picking up again.